Seattle Country Day School
- Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has inspired gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry, curiousity, and wonder.
- Students are the center of a dynamic and collaborative learning, inquiry, and discovery process. Our talented faculty believe in depth over breadth and prioritize project-based learning.
- Our Social-Emotional Learning program strengthens students' resilience, self-knowledge, empathy, and ability to cooperate.
- Seattle Country Day School entry points are kindergarten, third grade, and sixth grade; applications are accepted at all grade levels.
- Our Open House is Thursday, October 24, 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Tours can be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursday for Lower School and Wednesdays for Intermediate and Upper School by contacting Kate Briscoe at email@example.com.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Tuition Notes||SCDS tuition for 2019-20 is: Grades K-3: $28,052 Grades 4-5: $30,777 Grades 6-8: $32,821|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kate Briscoe|
|Admissions Associate||Matthew Ropp|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Martial Arts, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Martial Arts,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beginner and Advanced Computer Programming, Chess Club, Debate, Destination Imagination, Rwanda Club, Sewing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Focus Choir, Music Lessons
- Students who are a match for SCDS typically score in the top 3% on either the Full Scale or GAI Score of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale. However, we will consider a score that is close to the 97th percentile if a student shows other indicators of gifted characteristics. If IQ testing is a financial hardship for your family, please reach out to our Admissions Office: 206.691.2625.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)442-6855 1.4 PK-5
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
600 Nw Bright St
Seattle, WA 98107
(206)789-7889 1.3 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.