Seattle Country Day School
- Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has inspired gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry, curiousity, and wonder.
- Students are the center of a dynamic and collaborative learning, inquiry, and discovery process. Our talented faculty believe in depth over breadth and prioritize project-based learning.
- Our Social-Emotional Learning program strengthens students' resilience, self-knowledge, empathy, and ability to cooperate.
- Seattle Country Day School entry points are kindergarten, third grade, and sixth grade; applications are accepted at all grade levels.
- Our Open House is Thursday, October 24, 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Tours can be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursday for Lower School and Wednesdays for Intermediate and Upper School by contacting Kate Briscoe at email@example.com.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Tuition Notes||SCDS tuition for 2019-20 is: Grades K-3: $28,052 Grades 4-5: $30,777 Grades 6-8: $32,821|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kate Briscoe|
|Admissions Associate||Matthew Ropp|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Martial Arts, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Martial Arts,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beginner and Advanced Computer Programming, Chess Club, Debate, Destination Imagination, Rwanda Club, Sewing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Focus Choir, Music Lessons
- Students who are a match for SCDS typically score in the top 3% on either the Full Scale or GAI Score of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale. However, we will consider a score that is close to the 97th percentile if a student shows other indicators of gifted characteristics. If IQ testing is a financial hardship for your family, please reach out to our Admissions Office: 206.691.2625.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)442-6855 1.4 PK-5
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
600 Nw Bright St
Seattle, WA 98107
(206)789-7889 1.3 PK-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.