Seattle Country Day School
- Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has inspired gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry, curiousity, and wonder.
- Students are the center of a dynamic and collaborative learning, inquiry, and discovery process. Our talented faculty believe in depth over breadth and prioritize project-based learning.
- Our Social-Emotional Learning program strengthens students' resilience, self-knowledge, empathy, and ability to cooperate.
- Seattle Country Day School entry points are kindergarten, third grade, and sixth grade; applications are accepted at all grade levels.
- Our Open House is Thursday, October 24, 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Tours can be scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursday for Lower School and Wednesdays for Intermediate and Upper School by contacting Kate Briscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Tuition Notes||SCDS tuition for 2019-20 is: Grades K-3: $28,052 Grades 4-5: $30,777 Grades 6-8: $32,821|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kate Briscoe|
|Admissions Associate||Matthew Ropp|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Martial Arts, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Martial Arts,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beginner and Advanced Computer Programming, Chess Club, Debate, Destination Imagination, Rwanda Club, Sewing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Focus Choir, Music Lessons
- Students who are a match for SCDS typically score in the top 3% on either the Full Scale or GAI Score of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale. However, we will consider a score that is close to the 97th percentile if a student shows other indicators of gifted characteristics. If IQ testing is a financial hardship for your family, please reach out to our Admissions Office: 206.691.2625.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)442-6855 1.4 PK-5
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
600 Nw Bright St
Seattle, WA 98107
(206)789-7889 1.3 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.