The Evergreen School
5.00 (1 review)
- We believe that students are encouraged to be responsible for their own learning in a challenging, supportive environment.
- We encourage a commitment to life-long learning. The learning experiences build confidence, independence and interpersonal skills.
- Student learning inspires the students to use their strengths in a responsible way to contribute to the invention of the future.
- Evergreen's curriculum is designed to nurture childrens' advancement through the progressive stages of social and intellectual development. Students are presented with a wide variety of experiences and materials.
- They are encouraged to develop confidence and skill in all areas, to find challenges, and to test their talents in new and original ways.
- As they mature, students are expected to take increasing responsibility for their learning.
- Committed to the development of the whole child, Evergreen teachers also provide opportunities for the growth of positive self-concept and awareness of self and personal values.
- The school community has a family atmosphere which is expressed in close relationships between teachers and students.
- By balancing a program of strong personal development with an expanding focus on the world, Evergreen fosters an appreciation of individual and cultural.
- An Evergreen education prepares students to make a positive impact on the future.
- Students are expected to pursue excellence, both academically and personally, and to show concern and respect for others in the world in which they live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||477 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,560|
|Tuition Notes||The following tuition and fees are for the 2017-2018 school year.Preschool $10,400 Primary & Intermediate (PK – Grade 5) $20,900 Middle School (Grades 6-7) $22,200 Middle School (Grade 8) $23,200* *Includes $1,000 for the eighth grade global studi|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Campbell-Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Before and After School care, chess, math team|
- Evergreen is a school for highly capable students, IQ testing is one measure we use to determine whether Evergreen is a good fit for your child. All children applying for the coming school year for kindergarten and above need to take an IQ test.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 858 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
- SeattleGrades: PK-12 | 192 students
2400 NE 147th Street
Seattle, WA 98155
- RedmondGrades: NS-PK | 56 students
9041 166th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
- IssaquahGrades: 6-12
4588 Klahanie Dr SE Suite 401
Issaquah, WA 98029
- SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 342 students
17533 Saint Luke Place N
Seattle, WA 98133
My husband and I are incredibly happy with The Evergreen School. Our biggest measuring stick is that every single day for 6 years now, our daughter comes home so happy and says she had a great day! She loves going to school and summer annoys her as she just wants to get back to Evergreen. To us there is no better endorsement.
- Posted by Parent - e
January 22, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.