The Evergreen School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- We believe that students are encouraged to be responsible for their own learning in a challenging, supportive environment.
- We encourage a commitment to life-long learning. The learning experiences build confidence, independence and interpersonal skills.
- Student learning inspires the students to use their strengths in a responsible way to contribute to the invention of the future.
- Evergreen's curriculum is designed to nurture childrens' advancement through the progressive stages of social and intellectual development. Students are presented with a wide variety of experiences and materials.
- They are encouraged to develop confidence and skill in all areas, to find challenges, and to test their talents in new and original ways.
- As they mature, students are expected to take increasing responsibility for their learning.
- Committed to the development of the whole child, Evergreen teachers also provide opportunities for the growth of positive self-concept and awareness of self and personal values.
- The school community has a family atmosphere which is expressed in close relationships between teachers and students.
- By balancing a program of strong personal development with an expanding focus on the world, Evergreen fosters an appreciation of individual and cultural.
- An Evergreen education prepares students to make a positive impact on the future.
- Students are expected to pursue excellence, both academically and personally, and to show concern and respect for others in the world in which they live.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||473 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,500|
|Tuition Notes||The following rates are for the 2019-2020 school year:Evergreen tuition is inclusive, covering books, school supplies, laptops (4th-8th grades), field trips, overnight camps, etc.Preschool – Half Day $13,600 Primary & Intermediate (PreK-Grade 5) $27,500 Middle School (Grades 6-7) $29,100 Middle School (Grade 8) $30,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Nikki Ozaki-Simpson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Debate Team, Math Team, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Baking Club, Choir, Cooking Classes, Drama, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Before and After School care
- Evergreen is a school for highly capable students, IQ testing is one measure we use to determine whether Evergreen is a good fit for your child. All children applying for the coming school year for kindergarten and above need to take an IQ test.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)442-6855 7 PK-5
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 236 students
3611 E Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98122
(206)323-9011 8.7 PK-5
My son has been at Evergreen for two-and-a-half years and enjoys going to school. It's heart warming every time I hear the head of school faculty, students, and other parents greet my son by name. I often hear him singing songs he learned in his music and Mandarin classes. He's excited to share the projects he's worked on at school. He's made "just because" gifts to give to his teachers. The other day I asked him what he's grateful for and he said "Evergreen". I'm truly grateful for The Evergreen School as well.
- Posted by Parent - Paula
The Evergreen School is a true GEM. We feel so good knowing that our kids are in a loving, supportive environment where they are treated as individuals and challenged at their OWN levels. The bonus is the thoughtfully selected peer group - having your child around others that challenge their thinking and ideas is a gift and hard to find. We can't recommend Evergreen enough!
- Posted by Parent - Alyssa B.
The Evergreen School has been an amazing experience for both our children and our family. The school is a very special place where highly capable kids can thrive. We have been Evergreen parents for over 9 years and I can't recommend this school enough. It's really incredible what they are doing here and their approach to learning.
- Posted by Parent - Brad A
VEry GreAt i Love iT
- Posted by Parent - Isabel
My husband and I are incredibly happy with The Evergreen School. Our biggest measuring stick is that every single day for 6 years now, our daughter comes home so happy and says she had a great day! She loves going to school and summer annoys her as she just wants to get back to Evergreen. To us there is no better endorsement.
- Posted by Parent - e
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.