Shoreline Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (206) 364-7777
With over 65 years experience educating students from preschool to 12th grade, at Shoreline Christian School, we recognize that each child is a unique person created by God in His image.
Small class sizes and differentiated instruction allow us to work with each student where they are and meet their educational needs while helping them explore their God given gifts, talents, and abilities. We believe that what we teach should not only help you grow in what you know -- it should also help you grow in who you are.
We offer college prep academic programs along with art, music, drama, and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Composition|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is from 4,000 to 15,500 based on grade level entered.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Jimenez|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Jazz Band
- The purpose of Shoreline Christian School is to provide an excellent education that will enable children to live in grateful service to Christ in all areas of life. The school performs this task in partnership with the Christian home and church. The Bible, the only inspired Word of God, is the basis for such an education.
- In its activities, Shoreline Christian School nurtures students in understanding all of God's creation. The School helps students to recognize the distortion and brokenness caused by sin. It also challenges students to make a personal commitment to Christ and teaches them how to live out the healing and transforming power of Christ's redemption.
- The school's community cares for each student as an image bearer of God. The school also sees each student as an important and unique member of the body of Christ. The total task and purpose of the school requires a professional and spiritually sensitive staff, which can discern the ways of God in our changing world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 855 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 527-7711 3.6 9-12
I love that my teachers truly know my children. They know each child's strengths and are able to draw those out. They also focus on developing my daughter's need for confidence among peers. My son's teacher was quick to acknowledge his need for extension activities in math and spelling, which was a nice change to his previous school. The teachers are supported and trained to come alongside each student and their family. I have been so impressed by my children's academic and social-emotional growth.I love the small class sizes (under 20) and the opportunities that my kids have. Art, P.E. 2x/week, Music 2x/week, Library, tech classes, and extracurricular offerings too. It is also comforting that it is a k-12 school and we have many years ahead of us to enjoy all that the SCS community has going for it.
- Posted by Parent - Lee
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.