Hamlin Robinson School
5.00 (1 review)
- Hamlin Robinson School is an independent, non-profit, accredited, state-approved, elementary and middle day school. We ignite the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences. We are dedicated to providing a positive learning environment that will meet individual needs and nurture the whole child.
- Specially trained teachers teach small classes using a multisensory classroom approach in reading, writing, spelling and all instructional areas.
- The school's goal is to help students discover the joy of learning, build positive self-esteem and explore their full creative potential while preparing them to return successfully to conventional classrooms.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and Related Language-Based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$20,670 (grades 1-5) $22,560 (grades 6-8)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Jessica Ruger|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Rock Climbing, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Rock Climbing,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Glee Club, LEGO Robotics, Sculpture, Student Council, Tae Kwon Do Drama, Glee Club, LEGO Robotics, Sculpture, Tae Kwon Do, Student Council,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 1-12 | 78 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 643 students
14600 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
- SeattleGrades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
Such a great place for my middle school son! He has faced his reading difficulties, greatly improved his academics, and his self-esteem has soared. The environment is confident and kind. My son ran for his bus with a smile every day. A wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Susan
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.