Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-to-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress.
Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 37 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Dartmoor School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, AD/HD, Aspergers, Others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Calculus II, History, Honors core courses (English, Math, Science), Shakespeare Studies, Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies broadly depending on the nature of an enrollment. Please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Tution varies for summer programs depending on whether or not the student is doing credit recovery or supplemental support.
National avg.: 85%
- Dori Bower founded Dartmoor School in 1990 to provide one-to-one, computer-integrated, and diagnostic-prescriptive instruction for students in grades 1 through twelve. Many students experience needless frustration in school due to boredom, inadequate development of basic skills, insufficient personal attention, dissatisfaction with the social environment, scheduling conflicts, or differences in personal learning style. Dartmoor offers a friendly, effective, and learning-rich environment to ensure each student's success. Dartmoor advocates excellence in education. We believe all students can learn; we teach to each student's specific learning style and modality; we provide a warm, secure, and caring environment; and we demonstrate our sincere concern for students.
Endorse Dartmoor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.