Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-to-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress.
Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 37 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Dartmoor School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, AD/HD, Aspergers, Others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Tution varies for summer programs depending on whether or not the student is doing credit recovery or supplemental support.
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Calculus II, History, Honors core courses (English, Math, Science), Shakespeare Studies, Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition varies broadly depending on the nature of an enrollment. Please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
National avg.: 85%
- Dori Bower founded Dartmoor School in 1990 to provide one-to-one, computer-integrated, and diagnostic-prescriptive instruction for students in grades 1 through twelve. Many students experience needless frustration in school due to boredom, inadequate development of basic skills, insufficient personal attention, dissatisfaction with the social environment, scheduling conflicts, or differences in personal learning style. Dartmoor offers a friendly, effective, and learning-rich environment to ensure each student's success. Dartmoor advocates excellence in education. We believe all students can learn; we teach to each student's specific learning style and modality; we provide a warm, secure, and caring environment; and we demonstrate our sincere concern for students.
Endorse Dartmoor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.