Tel: (425) 885-6296
- Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-to-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress.
- Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
Dartmoor School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, AD/HD, Aspergers, Others|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tution varies for summer programs depending on whether or not the student is doing credit recovery or supplemental support.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus II, History, Honors core courses (English, Math, Science), Shakespeare Studies, Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies broadly depending on the nature of an enrollment. Please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Estes|
- Dori Bower founded Dartmoor School in 1990 to provide one-to-one, computer-integrated, and diagnostic-prescriptive instruction for students in grades 1 through twelve. Many students experience needless frustration in school due to boredom, inadequate development of basic skills, insufficient personal attention, dissatisfaction with the social environment, scheduling conflicts, or differences in personal learning style. Dartmoor offers a friendly, effective, and learning-rich environment to ensure each student's success. Dartmoor advocates excellence in education. We believe all students can learn; we teach to each student's specific learning style and modality; we provide a warm, secure, and caring environment; and we demonstrate our sincere concern for students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 709-9500 5.7 1-9
- Seattle Grades: 6-12
9750 3rd Avenue NE, Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 284-2300 0.4 6-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?