Dartmoor School provides an optimal personalized education for its students via active one-to-one instruction individualized to their instructional levels, learning styles, and the pace of their academic and intellectual progress.
Instruction is offered in a welcoming, safe, respectful, and nurturing environment.
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 37 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Dartmoor School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, AD/HD, Aspergers, Others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Calculus II, History, Honors core courses (English, Math, Science), Shakespeare Studies, Students can enroll in further advanced courses tailored to individual interests and skills
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies broadly depending on the nature of an enrollment. Please contact Admissions at (425) 885-6296 or email@example.com to request more information.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Tution varies for summer programs depending on whether or not the student is doing credit recovery or supplemental support.
National avg.: 85%
- Dori Bower founded Dartmoor School in 1990 to provide one-to-one, computer-integrated, and diagnostic-prescriptive instruction for students in grades 1 through twelve. Many students experience needless frustration in school due to boredom, inadequate development of basic skills, insufficient personal attention, dissatisfaction with the social environment, scheduling conflicts, or differences in personal learning style. Dartmoor offers a friendly, effective, and learning-rich environment to ensure each student's success. Dartmoor advocates excellence in education. We believe all students can learn; we teach to each student's specific learning style and modality; we provide a warm, secure, and caring environment; and we demonstrate our sincere concern for students.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Dartmoor School?
The acceptance rate of Dartmoor School is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
Does Dartmoor School offer a summer program?
Yes, Dartmoor School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Dartmoor School's ranking?
Dartmoor School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Dartmoor School?
The application deadline for Dartmoor School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Dartmoor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.