Brightmont Academy - Seattle
Brightmont Academy - Seattle Photo #2 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Seattle Photo #3 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Seattle Photo #4 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Seattle Photo #5 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private schoolproviding one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learningpace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on aflexible schedule and start any time of year, includingsummer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring forgrades 3-12, test preparation, and college and careerassessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs ranges from $21,000-33,500. Tuition for part-time programs is $15,900.|
|Admissions Director||Anna Westforth|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Brightmont Academy - Seattle also viewed these schools: Dartmoor School, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD), Academy Schools, Cinquegranelli Montessori and Kapka Cooperative School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 1-12 | 78 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
(425)885-6296 0.4 1-12
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425)336-3260 17.7 K-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-2 | 29 students
1405 Northwest 85th Street
Seattle, WA 98117
(206)789-2942 2.3 PK-2
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.