Brightmont Academy - Seattle
Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private schoolproviding one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learningpace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on aflexible schedule and start any time of year, includingsummer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring forgrades 3-12, test preparation, and college and careerassessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Marcia Rodes, M.Ed., Ed.D.|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
- People that viewed Brightmont Academy - Seattle also viewed these schools: Dartmoor School, Pacific Learning Center NW, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD), St. Anthony Elementary School and Montessori Garden.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 1-12 | 78 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
- SeattleGrades: 3-12 | 45 students
14550 Westminster Way N
Seattle, WA 98133
- RentonGrades: K-12 | 40 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
- RentonGrades: PK-8 | 498 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
- SeattleGrades: PK-K | 40 students
6615 Dayton Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.