5.00 (5 reviews)
Spring Academy Photo #2 - We offer full-time, part-time and private school programs, summer school, and tutoring in math, reading, writing and study skills.
- Spring Academy is a 1-to-1, private, alternative school for grades 6-12. We offer a variety of program options with open enrollment throughout the school year: Full-time: semester, full year, or diploma track
- Dual enrollment: students can enroll for 1:1 courses with us and other classes at their traditional school
- Part-time: individual or multiple courses for credit We also offer one-to-one summer school courses and programs: Full-time and part-time programs
- Credit recovery or credit replacement courses Tutoring: all subjects including math, reading, and writing
Spring Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||One-to-one programs customized for each student. Tuition starts at $530/mo for a tutoring program with higher tuition levels for concentrated summer course programs (retake, credit recovery, new course).|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,080|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $530 per month for one course. Part-time and dual enrollment programs can include a single or multiple courses. Full-Time programs typically include 4-5 courses.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ryan Malone|
- We exist to enable success for students who want a customized educational experience, a flexible schedule or are challenged with learning disabilities, ADHD or autism/Asperger`s.
- We personalize everything from the student`s schedule, courses, and curriculum to the lesson pacing, teaching methods, and instructional style.
- Spring Academy works because our one-to-one approach allows us to connect and transform the student`s relationship and attitude towards learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 0.9 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 6-12
9750 3rd Avenue NE, Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98115
(206)284-2300 0.1 6-12
- Seattle Grades: 1-12
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
(425)885-6296 0.4 1-12
I was having the worst time with regular school, getting close to a 1.0 GPA at my local high school, and felt that I was out of options. Then I found the Spring Academy. I immediately and repeatedly both enjoyed my coursework and was successful with my classes. I succeeded there, learning things at a far faster speed and ability than at my other school. The teachers were friendly, the other students were amicable, and the courses were enjoyable. In addition, the teachers were well-versed in disabilities and neurodiversity and were, therefore, able to accommodate my needs in a respectful and friendly way, unlike at my highschool. I achieved what I needed to there, completing the entirety of my mathematics and history requirements for high school. Now, with a 3.5 GPA and my "problem courses" out of the way, I can enjoy college and high school without feeling weighed down by my failures. Truly an amazing school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jay Blue
I took English and History at Spring Academy this year. This school has been free of distractions and easy to focus at. We get a lot more done than we did at other schools. I feel more confident with my answers when asked about content or reading comprehension. Sarah and Levina have helped me interact with what I am learning. Thank you Spring Academy!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - History and English Student
Spring Academy has a been a savior. We have tried many other private schools and tutoring centers and Spring is the only one that has worked and really seems to care. Our daughter never complained about going for a tutoring session here. She made progress and walked away with renewed self confidence. Paul, the principal, greets and talks to the students as they come in. He is engaged with each student, even though he is not the one tutoring them. This makes for a welcoming environment compared to sitting in a stark waiting room and being called back for your tutoring appointment at other places. I would highly recommend Spring Academy!
- Posted by Parent - EWA
Our child had a few traumatic life experiences during her HS Soph and Jr year. Due to these events, fell behind in math and nothing and no one was helping. Our child is very capable and smart however, was losing all self-confidence. Spring Academy was suggested by her Counselor at school (the one person that seemed to care if our child was successful or not). The people at Spring Academy are beyond capable at what they teach. They also care about the success of the student. Work at their own pace, TEACH so that they understand and build confidence in the students capabilities. I highly recommend Spring Academy. Many thanks to the entire staff!
- Posted by Parent - shblh
A great alternative to traditional school. Our child has thrived here after a dismal middle school experience in public school. Because of the one on one method of learning she can move ahead quickly in subjects that are less challenging and get extra support in areas that are more challenging. The teachers and principal are kind, supportive and capable. Our child has recaptured her love of learning.
- Posted by Parent - Kittd
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.