- Saint Catherine School in North Seattle is a preschool through eighth grade Catholic parish school.
- Our mission as a Catholic school is to prepare and graduate students who show competence, conscience, and compassion as children of God by using their minds well, acting justly and serving the needs of others.
- The formation of our students is best accomplished in a community of faith in which parents are the primary educators of their children, and teachers and parish ministers work together to support and encourage student learning.
- We are committed to providing a nurturing, student-centered learning environment in which students develop and utilize critical thinking and core academic skills in a challenging, experiential curriculum.
- We value the development of the whole person by providing opportunities for intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual growth and by fostering an appreciation for a life full of learning.
- We encourage all our students to achieve their full potential as active learners and contributing members of their community.
- We are committed to the moral development of our students and the formation of their consciences by teaching the values and traditions of our faith.
- We seek to instill in students an awareness of social and global issues, a sense of responsibility for all of creation, an appreciation of all cultures and faiths, and a commitment to justice.
- We are committed to forming students as followers of Jesus through liturgical participation, classroom instruction, and service opportunities.
- We will guide students to see the needs of others, to respect the dignity of each person, to be inclusive of all, and to value diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,870|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
3520 Ne 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
KirklandGrades: PK-8 | 265 students
7300 120th Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033
RentonGrades: K-8 | 487 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 69 students
3850 - 156th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98006
BremertonGrades: K-9 | 183 students
1516 5th St
Bremerton, WA 98337
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.