St Catherine School
- Saint Catherine School in North Seattle is a preschool through eighth grade Catholic parish school.
- Our mission as a Catholic school is to prepare and graduate students who show competence, conscience, and compassion as children of God by using their minds well, acting justly and serving the needs of others.
- The formation of our students is best accomplished in a community of faith in which parents are the primary educators of their children, and teachers and parish ministers work together to support and encourage student learning.
- We are committed to providing a nurturing, student-centered learning environment in which students develop and utilize critical thinking and core academic skills in a challenging, experiential curriculum.
- We value the development of the whole person by providing opportunities for intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual growth and by fostering an appreciation for a life full of learning.
- We encourage all our students to achieve their full potential as active learners and contributing members of their community.
- We are committed to the moral development of our students and the formation of their consciences by teaching the values and traditions of our faith.
- We seek to instill in students an awareness of social and global issues, a sense of responsibility for all of creation, an appreciation of all cultures and faiths, and a commitment to justice.
- We are committed to forming students as followers of Jesus through liturgical participation, classroom instruction, and service opportunities.
- We will guide students to see the needs of others, to respect the dignity of each person, to be inclusive of all, and to value diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,870|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
3520 Ne 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
- SeattleGrades: K-8 | 229 students
1815 S 220th St
Seattle, WA 98198
- BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 486 students
133 156th Avenue Se
Bellevue, WA 98007
- Gig HarborGrades: NS-8 | 166 students
3555 Edwards Dr
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
- BothellGrades: K-8 | 252 students
10049 NE 195th Street
Bothell, WA 98011
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.