St Benedict School
- At St Benedict School, we nurture every child's individual gifts with a rigorous and challenging educational experience.
- With its low faculty/student ratio and neighborhood emphasis, St. Benedict is a safe, family-oriented and community-involved school.
- St. Benedict students academic achievement significantly exceed that of comparable public schools, at a much more affordable cost than comparable private schools.
- As a K-8 school, students avoid the jarring transition to middle school from a typical K-5 program; St. Benedict School truly prepares students for success in high school and beyond.
- We emphasize community both within our school and with the outside world.
- Within the school, each student belongs to a "family," each of which includes a student from each grade.
- Students are involved with an array of social service activities, and have international contacts as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 1.7 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206)246-0500 12.8 9-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 249 students
3301 W Dravus St
Seattle, WA 98199
(206)283-7031 3.1 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
3401 Sw Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98126
(206)935-0651 8.8 PK-8
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.