5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (206) 524-8885 Ext. 260
- Serving students in Preschool through Grade 8, Villa Academy is the premier Catholic, independent school in the Northwest.
- Here you find an environment focused on the belief that the development of the heart goes part and parcel with the development of the mind.
- We embrace the pursuit of excellence with the understanding that it is anchored in the pursuit of learning, itself, whether the learning is academic, emotional or social.
- With this philosophy focusing our efforts, we prepare our students to greet the challenges of life with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Villa Academy is the premier Catholic, independent school in the Northwest.
- In our unique learning environment, we are dedicated to excellence in the education of the whole child to develop character and prepare culturally competent individuals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,250|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for preschool, lower school and middle school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,000|
|Admissions Director||Anjelica Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Katharine Brennecke|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Green Team, SERT (Student Emergency Response Team), Speech Team, Villa Times School Newspaper
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginning Band, Choir, Concert Band, handbells, Jazz Band, Jazz Ensemble, Musical Theatre Production, Visual Arts, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball clinic, Golf, Ski Bus, Soccer Skills, Tennis Club, Ultimate Frisbee
- Villa Academy has a comprehensive, age-appropriate approach to our application process.Applicants to Grades 5-8 take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). The exam is offered on multiple dates at a variety of locations between October and January. For available dates/locations and to register, please go tohttp://www.iseetest.org
- Villa Academy is one of the Seattle/Eastside area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna for the submission of online applications. You can find the application and steps outlined here: https://www.ravenna-hub.com/#/login
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 855 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 527-7711 3.5 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 1-12 | 37 students
9622 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
(425) 885-6296 3.2 1-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206) 246-0500 13.2 9-12
The school is amazing, and I made new friendships that I would never forget.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - t
Our experience at Villa has been outstanding. We came in preschool and never left. Our kids have benefited from teachers highly attuned to their academic needs; both challenging them and supporting them. As parents, we have appreciated the individual attention to our kids and responsiveness to our questions. I think it's important to visit Villa in order to appreciate the joy that bubbles from the kids, the commitment of the faculty, and the amazing campus. The transition to high school is a big step for most kids. The strength of Villa's program was further proven to us as our oldest began high school this past fall. He did not merely feel well prepared, he felt confident and successful.
- Posted by Parent - wrban
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.