The Learning Clinic
- The Learning Clinic offers a friendly, rural setting. Our education program is entirely individualized.
- Teachers and students plan each day and write each objective.
- Opportunities exist for vocational shadowing and work-study. We use the most effective assessment and teaching tools to make sure that your child learns, because we believe your child is unique and capable.
- Our students find challenge and motivation in wilderness camping, canoeing, and hiking.
- Noncompetitive sports and games, swimming, boating, and biking are part of the daily program.
- We want students to have fun and increase their self-esteem while practicing new skills.
- We offer counseling and testing to help your child meet the challenges of choosing a career or vocation.
- Our staff includes clinicians who work with parents, teachers, and house parents to identify treatment goals and to measure progress.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pomfret Grades: K-9 | 256 students
528 Pomfret Street
Pomfret, CT 06258
(860)928-1328 9.4 K-9
- Danielson Grades: PK-7 | 226 students
120 Water Street
Danielson, CT 06239
(860)774-3281 5.8 PK-7
- Pomfret Grades: 9-12 | 360 students
398 Pomfret St
Pomfret, CT 06258
(860)963-6100 8 9-12
- East Killingly Grades: K-12 | 21 students
Po Box 134
East Killingly, CT 06243
(860)774-6653 10.4 K-12
- Mansfield Center Grades: PK-K | 30 students
48 Bassetts Bridge Road
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
(860)423-1070 10.7 PK-K
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.