The Learning Clinic
- The Learning Clinic offers a friendly, rural setting. Our education program is entirely individualized.
- Teachers and students plan each day and write each objective.
- Opportunities exist for vocational shadowing and work-study. We use the most effective assessment and teaching tools to make sure that your child learns, because we believe your child is unique and capable.
- Our students find challenge and motivation in wilderness camping, canoeing, and hiking.
- Noncompetitive sports and games, swimming, boating, and biking are part of the daily program.
- We want students to have fun and increase their self-esteem while practicing new skills.
- We offer counseling and testing to help your child meet the challenges of choosing a career or vocation.
- Our staff includes clinicians who work with parents, teachers, and house parents to identify treatment goals and to measure progress.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PomfretGrades: K-9 | 256 students
528 Pomfret Street
Pomfret, CT 06258
- DanielsonGrades: PK-8 | 221 students
120 Water Street
Danielson, CT 06239
- PomfretGrades: 9-12 | 360 students
PO Box 128 398 Pomfret Street
Pomfret, CT 06258
- East KillinglyGrades: K-12 | 21 students
Po Box 134
East Killingly, CT 06243
- Mansfield CenterGrades: PK-K | 40 students
Po Box 267
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.