The Learning Clinic
- The Learning Clinic offers a friendly, rural setting. Our education program is entirely individualized.
- Teachers and students plan each day and write each objective.
- Opportunities exist for vocational shadowing and work-study. We use the most effective assessment and teaching tools to make sure that your child learns, because we believe your child is unique and capable.
- Our students find challenge and motivation in wilderness camping, canoeing, and hiking.
- Noncompetitive sports and games, swimming, boating, and biking are part of the daily program.
- We want students to have fun and increase their self-esteem while practicing new skills.
- We offer counseling and testing to help your child meet the challenges of choosing a career or vocation.
- Our staff includes clinicians who work with parents, teachers, and house parents to identify treatment goals and to measure progress.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethlehem Grades: 9-12 | 43 students
58 Harrison Ln
Bethlehem, CT 06751
(203)266-7788 63.1 9-12
- East Haddam Grades: 8-12 | 90 students
140 River Road
East Haddam, CT 06423
(860)873-2700 32.4 8-12
- Hamden Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
871 Prospect St
Hamden, CT 06517
(203)764-9314 56.7 6-12
- Madison Grades: 7-12 | 110 students
175 Copse Rd
Madison, CT 06443
(203)245-2778 46.4 7-12
- Milford Grades: 2-12 | 14 students
597 Naugatuck Avenue
Milford, CT 06461
(203)876-0864 69.6 2-12
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.