The Learning Company & Academy
- The Learning Company and Academy offers an enriched education in a creative and stimulating environment.
- It is our goal to educate the whole child and to instill in our students a lifelong passion for learning.
- Our enthusiastic and dedicated teachers and our well-balanced curriculum contribute to the fact that our students are excited about learning and they look forward to coming to school each day.
- The program at The Learning Company and Academy provides the perfect balance between the structured approach and the developmental approach to learning.
- We believe in meeting the needs of the, whole child, socially, emotionally and cognitively.
- We believe that this sound, early childhood educational program gives our students the tools that will serve them well on their educational journey.
- Our phonics-based program provides a strong foundation for success in reading.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-K | 168 students
5200 Dent Ave
San Jose, CA 95118
(408)264-7333 0 PK-K
- San Jose Grades: NS-8
711 E. Gish Road
San Jose, CA 95112
(408)998-2860 0 NS-8
- San Jose Grades: NS-8 | 248 students
51 N 9th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
(408)283-5858 0.3 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.