- The Lighthouse is an accredited private school focused on providing an educational home and beacon of hope for students with a range of diverse learning needs.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of students with learning differences in an environment customized for each student`s individual needs and abilities.
- The Lighthouse offers both traditional and individualized curriculum paths, focused on preparing students for life after graduation.
- From academics to social skills to extracurricular interests, we guide students to their fullest potential.
- The Lighthouse offers a full academic program for grades 5-12 as well as a post-graduate program aimed at post-secondary education and vocational training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities; ADD/ADHD; Autism Spectrum Disorders; Language-based Learning Disabilities; Nonverbal Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||350 for 1/2 credit 700 for 1 credit|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,500|
|Tuition Notes||Other tuition plans and scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Leslie Moore|
|Admissions Associate||Kristin Jewell|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Peachtree City Grades: 3-12 | 123 students
300 Tivoli Gardens Rd Ste 100
Peachtree City, GA 30269
(770) 632-1710 1.1 3-12
- Fayetteville Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
440 E Lanier Ave
Fayetteville, GA 30214
(770) 461-1595 6.5 PK-6
- Newnan Grades: K-7 | 72 students
171 Gordon Rd
Newnan, GA 30263
(678) 854-9188 14.1 K-7
We are nearing the end of our third year at The Lighthouse and couldn't be happier with how our son is thriving there. If you are looking for an alternative school for your child, definitely see if The Lighthouse fits your needs. I believe their strength is their capability to understand and work with individual student needs. While a student might have been frustrated somewhere else, the staff at The Lighthouse have the opportunity to know their students well and they strive to find the best way to work with each individual student to achieve both academic and social success. Typical of other teens, my son would rather not go to school if it was totally his choice. BUT, he describes The Lighthouse as a family and he would not go anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - barb