- The Lighthouse is an accredited private school focused on providing an educational home and beacon of hope for students with a range of diverse learning needs.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of students with learning differences in an environment customized for each student’s individual needs and abilities.
- The Lighthouse offers both traditional and individualized curriculum paths, focused on preparing students for life after graduation.
- From academics to social skills to extracurricular interests, we guide students to their fullest potential.
- The Lighthouse offers a full academic program for grades 5-12 as well as a post-graduate program aimed at post-secondary education and vocational training.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities; ADD/ADHD; Autism Spectrum Disorders; Language-based Learning Disabilities; Nonverbal Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Peachtree CityGrades: 6-12 | 91 students
300 Tivoli Gardens Rd Ste 100
Peachtree City, GA 30269
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
SharpsburgGrades: K-12 | 144 students
3613 Highway 34 E
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
FayettevilleGrades: PK-12 | 60 students
440 E Lanier Ave
Fayetteville, GA 30214
NewnanGrades: K-7 | 72 students
171 Gordon Rd
Newnan, GA 30263
We are nearing the end of our third year at The Lighthouse and couldn't be happier with how our son is thriving there. If you are looking for an alternative school for your child, definitely see if The Lighthouse fits your needs. I believe their strength is their capability to understand and work with individual student needs. While a student might have been frustrated somewhere else, the staff at The Lighthouse have the opportunity to know their students well and they strive to find the best way to work with each individual student to achieve both academic and social success. Typical of other teens, my son would rather not go to school if it was totally his choice. BUT, he describes The Lighthouse as a family and he would not go anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - barb
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.