- Clearwater Academy believes that all the needs of the student with learning differences must be met to be successful and show real progress.
- Our goal and target is aimed at providing the best research has to offer in the areas of academics, assistive technology, social-emotional development therapies, and what the medical community, knows about the brain and how it functions.
- Clearwater Academy will implement these latest classroom advancements via a highly specialized, trained staff.
- By providing this type of environment and opportunity, the student will demonstrate real, measureable growth and development.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Asperger|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Heidi Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Harper|
As a non-profit organization, ClearWater Academy is a trendsetter, leader and pioneer in the state of Georgia and a national model for how students with learning differences beginning at age 6 through a high school diploma should be educated. ClearWater Academy is accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC) and dedicated to creating a school that exceeds all expectations. Our highly trained staff, therapists, community partners and corporate sponsors, will support each student`s academic, social/emotional and therapeutic needs in a positive learning environment. We continually seek to offer cutting edge, researched-based instruction unique to every student. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment that respects individual differences, promotes communication and supports all areas of the student while preparing each for productive adulthood.
Discovering Strengths; Creating Hope
ClearWater Academy is a "Best in Class" school accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC) providing:A sensory-sensitive environment An individualized learning plan that considers interests, strengths, and preferences, as well as strategies to address targeted academic areas.
- Thematic instruction, integrated curriculum, multiple intelligences, and authentic assessments to measure student understanding and performance of key skills.
- An all-inclusive, unique blend of social/emotional regulation strategies
- Differentiating Therapies (Speech, OT, Equine, Music, Outdoor Recreation and more)
- Career Development Program/Life Skill Training
- Cutting-edge Assistive Technology Instruction
- Collaboration between the home, the school, a consulting neuropsychologist and the communityA safe, caring, respectful and inviting environment
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TyroneGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
211 Kirkley Rd
Tyrone, GA 30290
- FayettevilleGrades: NS-12 | 70 students
280 Brandywine Blvd
Fayetteville, GA 30214
- Peachtree CityGrades: 6-12 | 91 students
300 Tivoli Gardens Rd Ste 100
Peachtree City, GA 30269
- FayettevilleGrades: PK-12 | 100 students
839 Highway 314
Fayetteville, GA 30214