The Bedford School
- The Bedford School will provide the appropriate intervention necessary for each learning-disabled child.
- The Bedford School will provide remediation and instruction in academic, physical, and social skills, supporting the families as they reinforce and enhance this growth.
- The Bedford School will provide opportunities for growth in the areas of responsibility, self-discipline and organization that will enable the learning- disabled student to become an independent learner and a contributing member of society. A learning disability is generally defined as a cognitive dysfunction, frequently hereditary, characterized by an inability to deal with written symbols, despite average or above-average intelligence, conventional instruction and socio-cultural opportunity.
- Some of the characteristics include short attention span, poor ability to organize, slowness in finishing work, and an impaired ability to concentrate.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Most learning differences supported|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,550|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Betsy Box|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Our mission is to maximize the potential of students with learning differences and develop foundations for success. The first LD school on the southside of Atlanta, Bedford offers small class size, a challenging academic curriculum, modern multifaceted facilities, extra-curricular activities, and summer academic and recreational programs such as Squirrel Hollow Camp, all in a structured special education setting.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 20 K-12