The Bedford School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (770) 774-8001
The Bedford School Photo #5 - Bedford has a unique House System that allows students to experience a greater sense of belonging and encourages character development.
The Bedford School Photo #6 - Students can participate in intramural sports to gain skills and self-confidence.
- The Bedford School will provide the appropriate intervention necessary for each learning-disabled child.
- The Bedford School will provide remediation and instruction in academic, physical, and social skills, supporting the families as they reinforce and enhance this growth.
- The Bedford School will provide opportunities for growth in the areas of responsibility, self-discipline and organization that will enable the learning- disabled student to become an independent learner and a contributing member of society. A learning disability is generally defined as a cognitive dysfunction, frequently hereditary, characterized by an inability to deal with written symbols, despite average or above-average intelligence, conventional instruction and socio-cultural opportunity.
- Some of the characteristics include short attention span, poor ability to organize, slowness in finishing work, and an impaired ability to concentrate.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Most learning differences supported|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/shorts and colored polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,550|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Betsy Box|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
- Our mission is to maximize the potential of students with learning differences and develop foundations for success. The first LD school on the southside of Atlanta, Bedford offers small class size, a challenging academic curriculum, modern multifaceted facilities, extra-curricular activities, and summer academic and recreational programs such as Squirrel Hollow Camp, all in a structured special education setting.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fayetteville Grades: NS-12 | 70 students
280 Brandywine Blvd
Fayetteville, GA 30214
(770) 461-5894 7.7 NS-12
I just want to say again that we are big fans of The Bedford School. Recently my friend told one of her friends to give me a call as they were looking at different options for their daughter. I gave high praise to Bedford. Your school changed our everyday lives for the better and we are so thankful that we found Bedford. If we had to do it over again, we would do the exact same thing. The Bedford School is such a sweet and nurturing school and gave Jacob so much confidence in himself. If you ever need us for a reference or recommendation, we would be happy to help!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni Mom
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.