The Bedford School
5.00 (1 review)
The Bedford School Photo #5 - Bedford has a unique House System that allows students to experience a greater sense of belonging and encourages character development.
The Bedford School Photo #6 - Students can participate in intramural sports to gain skills and self-confidence.
- The Bedford School will provide the appropriate intervention necessary for each learning-disabled child.
- The Bedford School will provide remediation and instruction in academic, physical, and social skills, supporting the families as they reinforce and enhance this growth.
- The Bedford School will provide opportunities for growth in the areas of responsibility, self-discipline and organization that will enable the learning- disabled student to become an independent learner and a contributing member of society. A learning disability is generally defined as a cognitive dysfunction, frequently hereditary, characterized by an inability to deal with written symbols, despite average or above-average intelligence, conventional instruction and socio-cultural opportunity.
- Some of the characteristics include short attention span, poor ability to organize, slowness in finishing work, and an impaired ability to concentrate.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Most learning differences supported|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/shorts and colored polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,550|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Betsy Box|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
- Our mission is to maximize the potential of students with learning differences and develop foundations for success. The first LD school on the southside of Atlanta, Bedford offers small class size, a challenging academic curriculum, modern multifaceted facilities, extra-curricular activities, and summer academic and recreational programs such as Squirrel Hollow Camp, all in a structured special education setting.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 20 K-12
I just want to say again that we are big fans of The Bedford School. Recently my friend told one of her friends to give me a call as they were looking at different options for their daughter. I gave high praise to Bedford. Your school changed our everyday lives for the better and we are so thankful that we found Bedford. If we had to do it over again, we would do the exact same thing. The Bedford School is such a sweet and nurturing school and gave Jacob so much confidence in himself. If you ever need us for a reference or recommendation, we would be happy to help!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni Mom
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.