Landmark Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
An athletic complex houses a baseball field, softball field, Garwood football and soccer stadium, cross country track, wrestling facility, locker rooms, and indoor batting cages. Thorn Stadium is the home football stadium and track for the War Eagles.
Landmark offers convenient bus service to Peachtree City, Douglasville, Newnan, Tyrone, and the CFA headquarters.
Academics engage and challenge students to reach their potential. The 75 seniors in the class of 2017 received $12.4 million dollars in scholarships not including the Hope, Zell Miller, or GA Equalization Grant. Acceptances included, Duke, Elon, Emory, Florida State, Virginia, Pepperdine, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, Tulane, US Air Force Academy, Vanderbilt, and many other prestigious universities of choice.
Landmark offers two convenient campuses. Peachtree City serves grade K4-4 and Fairburn serves K4-12. Landmark provides an education based upon the truth found only in the Bible. Our vision is: Every student prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ. At Landmark, our child is known, celebrated, and loved.
Landmark is a school of many opportunities for students with varied interests. Learning is fun and engaging.
Photography III students prepare to view the eclipse with specially designed lenses for their cameras. The photography classes travel local and state-wide to capture the perfect shot and produce award-winning works of art.
Landmark elementary, middle, and high schools align curriculum to provide a smooth transition in learning and growth.
We would love to learn more about you and share our story with you. Tours are available weekly by calling 770-692-2078. Please visit our website to learn more about Landmark and to see upcoming Open House dates. www.landmarkchristianschool.org
- Landmark Christian School seeks to honor Jesus Christ by equipping college-bound students to become lifelong servant leaders in their communities and in the world. We partner with Christian families to pursue and nurture excellence in the spiritual, academic, artistic, physical, and social growth of our students. Landmark offer a comprehensive, academically rigorous K4-12 education within a non-denominational, Christ-centered worldview. It is an uncommon education with uncommon results. Our vision at Landmark Christian School is clear; Every student prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ. A Landmark education transforms the heart as well as the mind. The impact of Landmark on a student can be life-defining; and our students, in turn, graduate ready to impact others.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||804 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, European History, Language/Composition, Literature/Composition, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art, US Government, US History, World History,|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/shorts, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 13 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Windham|
|Admissions Associate||Renee Chastain|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Beta, Centre, Chamber, Chorale, HiQ/Quiz, Honor, Jr., Key, Leadership, Math, National, Prefect, Spanish, Yearbook Band, Beta, Centre, Chamber, Chorale, HiQ/Quiz, Honor, Jr., Key, Leadership, Math, National, Prefect, Spanish, Yearbook,|
- In the classroom Landmark students are inspired to pursue academic excellence through a rigorous curriculum, the encouragement of their teachers, and through multiple opportunities for academic challenge. Graduates of Landmark Christian School consistently receive acceptance and scholarship offers from the finest schools in the nation.
- On the athletic fields and courts, Landmark students are taught the values of persistence, commitment, and teamwork through participation on our tremendously successful athletic program. In Landmark's history as a member of the Georgia High School Association, we have earned numerous Area/Region and State Championship titles. The Landmark athletic department supports 40 middle and high school athletic teams each year. Many Landmark athletes graduate with athletic scholarships from leading universities.
- On the stage, through our comprehensive arts program, Landmark students are taught to value the beauty of God's creation and to see God as the ultimate artist. Created in His image, students come to understand that they too can be creators of beauty. Whether that creation is a dramatic, musical, or choral performance, or photography, painting, or sculpture; Landmark students have many opportunities to express their creativity through the arts. The evidence of this creativity is seen in the numerous high quality plays, concerts and art displays that Landmark students perform or produce each year.
- We invite you to learn about Landmark through our website; landmarkchristianschool.org. We also hope that you will schedule a tour or attend or attend an Open House event to discover the Landmark difference for yourself.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FairburnGrades: PK-12
4500 Ridge Road
Fairburn, GA 30213
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 2667 students
1662 Rugby Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30337
- FayettevilleGrades: PK-12 | 100 students
839 Highway 314
Fayetteville, GA 30214
- NewnanGrades: PK-12 | 436 students
2093 Highway 29 N
Newnan, GA 30263
- SharpsburgGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
8817 Hwy 54 West
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
Landmark has proven to be an excellent partner in our two daughter's education. But, more importantly they have reinforced the values and character we encourage at home. Landmark students go to Harvard and Stanford, Vanderbilt and Duke, UGA and GA Tech, Georgia Southern and Point. They can go anywhere they choose because of the solid academics and focus on work ethic, integrity and determination. Landmark students graduate from college and become excellent parents, employees and citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Donna
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.