The Merit School of Old Town Manassas
The mission of The Merit School of Old Town Manassas is to provide our students with successful learning opportunities in a Christian environment.
These opportunities are designed to meet the individual needs of our students as we prepare them to become responsible citizens and valued members of our community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 128 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum is designed to meet the developmental and educational needs of the young child and incorporates play into their learning activities. Virginia`s Foundation Blocks for Early Learning guides us in the literacy, math, science and social science concepts that are developed in our preschool and Junior Kindergarten programs. Our Kindergarten program is designed not only to meet, but also to exceed the Virginia Standards of Learning. Our small group setting, as well as classroom and campus design presents a comfortable and warm atmosphere which eases the transition from home to school for our students.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Merit School of Old Town Manassas?
The application deadline for The Merit School of Old Town Manassas is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Merit School of Old Town Manassas. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.