The North Fork School
Tel: (208) 634-4024
The North Fork School Photo #2 - Hands-on academics and personalized attention through successive North Fork School years form a body of knowledge that builds success and confidence at the college level.
The North Fork School offers part-time enrollment so that students in McCall, Idaho may remain fully enrolled in their public school programs, and so students in online or home school programs may receive the benefits of a classroom dynamic as well as personal academic coaching that enhances each individual curriculum.
By reducing public school class sizes, yet not diminishing per-student school funding, the North Fork School promotes a symbiotic relationship with local public schools while offering increased academic challenge to students.
Understanding that students find academic motivation and success through individual achievement, The North Fork School challenges students to explore their own intellectual potentials.
An integrated humanities curriculum facilitates students' abilities to connect ideas across subject areas and their unique life experiences.
North Fork School humanities and mathematics programs maintain that learning is a process in which students have the key role.
Since 1996, The North Fork School has offered academically rigorous, integrated humanities and math programs to McCall-Donnelly students, who are dually-enrolled in the local public schools.
Writing Workshop (4th-6th) students miss one hour of the school day; their writing course supplements the curriculum in their public school.
Core program students (7th-9th) leave their schools for two hours per day.
Two days per week, they have English, and two days are spent in History class.
Art & Drama are integrated into their schedule throughout the year.
This integrated humanities program supplants their work in those subjects at the public school.
High School students supplant English, History, and Math courses with a North Fork School class in their block schedule.
Because students come out of the public schools for only a small part of each day, the public schools receive full payment for each NFS student.
The North Fork School programs reduce public class sizes, and the schools still receive their full allotment of tax dollars.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-11|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1390|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 31 / Aug. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
- The North Fork School has been accredited by The Northwest Accreditation Commission/AdvancED since 2000. The extra degree of commitment by North Fork School students toward receiving a challenging education is significant, and indicates increased preparation for college-level work.
- Classes here are extremely challenging -- but tailored for each student at the level s/he needs. Over the past 20 years, we have watched students who hide in the back of their 6th grade class, who can't read well, can't spell, have no idea how to organize their thoughts -- writing maybe one or two sentences for a paragraph -- turn into high-achieving students who get 5's on their AP exams, who become valedictorians and salutatorians of their MDHS class, who graduate from selective colleges and become successful professionals. This process only happens over the course of several years: students who start North Fork classes in Middle School have the best results. 100% of those students who take three or more consecutive years of NFS classes graduate from college. We are proud of our students and their successes -- and those stellar academic results are included in McCall-Donnelly test statistics, as our students are MDSD students, too.
- Our graduates concur that their academic self-confidence is absolutely a result of their North Fork School experiences. Gerrit Egnew, NFS & MDHS 2012; Montana State University (current student) says, "Success at NFS, and in life, really is determined in no way by raw intelligence. Rather, the ability to hang in there, persevering in your ideas, working and reworking to make something good: that is what makes success. North Fork should be a school for every child. It engenders passion, confidence in one`s ideas, an ability to evaluate and reevaluate one`s positions, and the resolve to persevere."
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to The North Fork School is Alzar School (29.4 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Project Patch (54.6 miles away)
The nearest preschool is test school 12456 (57.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cascade Grades: 10-11 | 32 students
1600 Airport Way
Cascade, ID 83611
(833) 862-5927 29.4 10-11
- Garden Valley Grades: 7-12 | 36 students
25 Miracle Lane
Garden Valley, ID 83622
(360) 690-8495 54.6 7-12
- Enterprise Grades: K-9 | 13 students
305 Wagner St.
Enterprise, OR 97828
(541) 426-8339 67.6 K-9
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.