The Providence Center School
- The Providence Center School is uniquely qualified to serve children 3-21 years of age who struggle with emotional, social and behavioral issues.
- The program's academic, social and therapeutic components are developed, implemented and supported by the expertise of certified special educators, qualified teaching assistants and skilled clinical and family support staff.
- Our goal is to have successful learners prepared for their next step.
- Next steps for students from The Providence Center School include attending a community public school, transitioning to a less restrictive private program, graduating from High School, enrolling in higher education or entering the workforce.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Providence Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
420 Fruit Hill Ave
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)353-3900 3.4 1-12
- Warren Grades: 8-12 | 58 students
317 Market St
Warren, RI 02885
(401)245-7978 9.5 8-12
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 183 students
1000 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905
(401)533-9100 2.8 NS-12
- Cranston Grades: K | 76 students
665 Dyer Ave
Cranston, RI 02920
(401)942-2388 4.4 K
- Providence Grades: 2-12 | 16 students
15 Bough St
Providence, RI 02909
(401)351-0610 2.8 2-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.