Tel: (802) 658-4164
The Schoolhouse Photo #2 - The Schoolhouse campus includes 28 acres of protected wetlands and ponds, as well as the farm and forests of Bread and Butter Farm, our "Farm Food Forest" partner.
The Schoolhouse Photo #3 - Annual science displays are integrated with year-long themes and the inquiries elementary students choose for themselves.
Founded in 1971, The Schoolhouse is a private elementary and middle school, (K - 8), located in South Burlington, Vermont.
Story Time at the Schoolhouse serves children from ages 2 - 4, with a focus on play-based and nature-based activies, as well as emergent reading in older students.
Our Farm Food Forest program is integrated across all ages and classrooms; children develop a growing understanding of the links between food and the environment, and the relationships between food, health, culture, economics and policy.
Schoolhouse offers a progressive education with small, multi-age classrooms, and a team of teachers who differentiate instruction to meet students' individual learning styles and interests.
- Schoolhouse Student Competes on American Ninja Warrior Jr - 04/25/2019 - Rose Lord, a Schoolhouse middle schooler, competes in a national TV show, American Ninja Warrior Junior.
- Former Schoolhouse Student Named Runner of the Year - 01/31/2019 - Alice Larson, a former Schoolhouse student who got her start as a runner at Schoolhouse, named Gatorade Runner of the Year.
- Experiential, Interest-Based Education - 08/14/2017 - A Schoolhouse parent writes about her family's experience at The Schoolhouse.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,980|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary: $12,980 Middle School: $14,410|
- Our mission is to provide a progressive learning community for children and families of diverse backgrounds. We value each child`s curiosity and independence of mind, nurture respectful relationships, and empower students to develop to their full potential and have a positive influence in their communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Burlington Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
1025 Airport Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802) 488-7711 4.2 7-12
- Shelburne Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802) 985-2827 3.4 PK-12
- Williston Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
1186 Brownell Rd
Williston, VT 05495
(802) 863-4839 3.4 PK-6
- Williston Grades: 5-8 | 20 students
195 Central School Drive
Williston, VT 05495
(802) 878-2762 5.5 5-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.