The Tobin School
The Tobin School Photo #2 - Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
The Tobin School Photo #3 - Students days at Tobin are filled with learning opportunities.l In addition to strong academics, our students participate in Yoga, twice weekly Physical Education, animal science, foreign language classes, visual arts, music, technology, etiquette and more!
The Tobin School Photo #4 - Learning is fun for all our age groups here at Tobin. We use the highly respected, multisensory Wilson Fundations for phonics and handwriting. This program allows the children to make strong connections with letters and sounds and build an excellent foundation for reading!
The Tobin School is a small, independent day school for children in Preschool, PreK, Jr. Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
Come see why The Tobin School can be such a great place for children to learn and grow! In our warm, home-like setting, we offer students a chance to explore a robust curriculum that includes strong academics, as well as a robust mix of music, art, physical education and yoga, foreign languages, science, and social emotional learning.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 54 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,000
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
We offer programs beginning at $4,500 per year for our Morning Preschool to $14,000 per year for our Kindergarten & 1st Grade classes.
- As leaders in early childhood education, The Tobin School offers excellent programs for children in preschool up to Kindergarten in a warm, nurturing setting.
- Strong developmentally appropriate academics with a rich curriculum mix including foreign languages, technology, visual arts, music, physical education, yoga, animal science, and field trips.
- Small classes providing individualized instruction that is supportive of a variety of learning styles.
- Strong emphasis on social emotional learning, character education, etiquette, and community service.
- Professional faculty who are committed to building true partnerships with parents.
- At Tobin your child will get a great start to their academic career!
Endorse The Tobin School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?