Students days at Tobin are filled with learning opportunities.l In addition to strong academics, our students participate in Yoga, twice weekly Physical Education, animal science, foreign language classes, visual arts, music, technology, etiquette and more!
The Tobin School has a strong commitment to community service and citizenship as part of our daily curriculum. Our Annual Family Volunteer Fair, now in its tenth year, is just one of a number of activities designed to teach children the important concept of volunteerism and how they can make a difference in the lives of others. Learn more: http://thetobinschool.org/community-service-at-tobin/
- The Tobin School is a small, independent day school for children in Preschool, PreK, Jr. Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
- Come see why The Tobin School can be such a great place for children to learn and grow! In our warm, home-like setting, we offer students a chance to explore a robust curriculum that includes strong academics, as well as a robust mix of music, art, physical education and yoga, foreign languages, science, and social emotional learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||We offer programs beginning at $4,500 per year for our Morning Preschool to $14,000 per year for our Kindergarten & 1st Grade classes.|
- As leaders in early childhood education, The Tobin School offers excellent programs for children in preschool up to Kindergarten in a warm, nurturing setting.
- Strong developmentally appropriate academics with a rich curriculum mix including foreign languages, technology, visual arts, music, physical education, yoga, animal science, and field trips.
- Small classes providing individualized instruction that is supportive of a variety of learning styles.
- Strong emphasis on social emotional learning, character education, etiquette, and community service.
- Professional faculty who are committed to building true partnerships with parents.
- At Tobin your child will get a great start to their academic career!
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.