The Tutorial School
- The Tutorial School is an educational community that includes students, staff, and parents joining together for what we believe to be among the most basic and fundamental of human activities: the pursuit of self-knowledge and the exploration, discovery, and understanding of life and the universe in all its multifarious aspects.
- The Tutorial School offers a different way to raise and educate children.
- Students from 10 to 19 years old pursue their interests in a comfortable, non-threatening environment.
- By deciding what and how they want to learn, students develop a sense of responsibility for their lives.
- The school emphasizes self-reflection, sensitivity to others, respect, trust, self-motivation, relationship, and the ability to think for one's self.
- As a community the students and staff cooperatively run the school and implement the ideals and ideas that are generated.
- In this way young people prepare for life as a whole.
- We endeavor to provide a thoughtful alternative to the too-often unquestioned assembly-line education offered at many schools today.
- More than just student-centered, The Tutorial School is student-run, offering students the opportunity to take control of and responsibility for their education, and their lives.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding Scale|
- The Tutorial School is a safe, student-centered democratic learning environment
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Fe Grades: PK-6 | 49 students
321 W Zia Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505)988-1968 0.6 PK-6
- Santa Fe Grades: NS-12 | 38 students
2103 Yucca Street
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505)471-1434 1.3 NS-12
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?