The Urban School Of San Francisco
The Urban School Of San Francisco Photo #2 - Incoming Freshman have many opportunities for team-building outside of the classroom.
The Urban School Of San Francisco Photo #3 - For course information, visit: https://www.urbanschool.org/academics/the-urban-curriculum
The Urban School Of San Francisco Photo #4 - Urban Athletics - Blues House! - includes over 15 competitive teams, including soccer, tennis, baseball, lacrosse and more.
The Urban School Of San Francisco Photo #5 - For course information, visit: https://www.urbanschool.org/academics/the-urban-curriculum
- Urban School believes there is a better way to educate high school students.
- For more than half a century our educational innovations have ignited the minds of Urban graduates, who pursue their passion for learning at the nation`s best colleges, and who go out into the world uniquely equipped to solve the challenges their generation will face.
- Urban teaches students how to think, not what to think.
- We seek students with an enthusiastic approach to learning and a clear capacity for success in a rigorous academic program.
- Urban`s extraordinary teachers challenge our 420 students with a college-preparatory curriculum in math, science, arts and humanities with comprehensive service learning and competitive athletics programs, and a rich selection of co-curricular activities.
- Through strong relationships with their teachers, advisors and with each other, Urban students learn early on how to navigate a culture of collaboration, inclusion and mutual respect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,941|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Green Team, Student Leadership Committee, United Nations
- An Urban education is a joyful process of discovery: students learn to ask questions, to search for their own answers, to voice their opinions, to think critically and independently, and to discern with their hearts as well as their minds. All Urban courses share a common educational approach based on the following principles:
- An expectation that students be active participants in their education
- A commitment to cooperative learning and collaboration among fellow students
- An understanding and respect for the achievements, experiences and perspectives of various peoples, cultures, races and backgrounds
- Use of the Bay Area`s rich environmental, cultural and intellectual resources to extend learning beyond the classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 490 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)585-1725 3.3 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 1.5 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1478 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)731-7500 3.1 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.