The Winston School of Short HIlls
Tel: (973) 379-4114
- The Winston School educates students who, though intellectually capable, have had difficulties in school typically due to language-based learning differences.
- The Winston School enable students to meet, with confidence, the academic and social challenges of life.
- The Winston School fosters the potential and optimism in each child by cultivating intellectual, social, and emotional growth in a positive and stimulating environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please visit website for Summer Program information|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and shirts with collars)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Ann Buonvino|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
- The Winston School educates students who, though intellectually capable, have had difficulties in school typically due to language-based learning differences. The Winston School enable students to meet, with confidence, the academic and social challenges of life. The Winston School fosters the potential and optimism in each child by cultivating intellectual, social, and emotional growth in a positive and stimulating environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973) 334-1295 12.6 2-12
- Montclair Grades: 9-12 | 173 students
33 Cottage Place
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973) 744-7445 8.1 9-12
- Demarest Grades: 9-12 | 559 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
(201) 768-7822 24.6 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.