Topeka Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Under the Triune God, Topeka Lutheran School strives to nurture families, prepare students academically through Christ-centered education, and integrate faith and life, so students and their families are equipped to share the love of Jesus.
- The programs at Topeka Lutheran School are well-balanced to promote each child's academic, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development.
- Our elementary school offers a rich and varied curriculum based on the guidelines of the State of Kansas and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Any color polo or oxford shirt with khaki, navy, or black slack, shorts, skirts, or jumpers. Solid color sweaters and sweater vests are allowed.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer L. Turner|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Kueck|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Drill Team, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Drill Team, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Topeka Grades: K-8 | 177 students
934 Sw Clay St
Topeka, KS 66606
(785)233-1727 0.9 K-8
- Topeka Grades: 9-12 | 411 students
401 Sw Gage Blvd
Topeka, KS 66606
(785)272-5210 1.2 9-12
- Topeka Grades: K-8 | 394 students
1750 Sw Stone Ave
Topeka, KS 66604
(785)272-4313 1.8 K-8
TLS is a family. The students are taught how to live in Christ's love and forgiveness each and every day. A great community where all are welcome!
- Posted by Teacher - Emma
TLS has been a wonderful school for our son. He receives an individualized education with small class sizes, patient and energetic teachers and a supportive staff, as well as families. Every year, I am impressed with how much he learns and grows. I feel they really stress academic excellence with not only what they are teaching but how they teach it. They teach through interactive lessons, group projects, one-on-one learning, field trips, presentations, mentorship with older students and much more.
- Posted by Parent - ens1999
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.