Traverse City Christian Elementary School
Traverse City Christian Elementary (formerly Cornerstone Christian School and Living God Christian School) merged in 2008 with Traverse City Christian Schools to form a Preschool through Grade 12 non-denominational school system.
We serve families in the Grand Traverse area by providing an educational environment of academic excellence, while adhearing to basic Biblical truths and Christian values.
A complete education includes not only the competent teaching of academic subjects, but also must include the imparting of moral values and instruction in the development of positive character qualities, personal disciplines, and ethical conduct.
To accomplish this goal Traverse Christian Schools provides a stimulating educational atmosphere where students sense the love, support, and nurturing of a positive staff.
Acting as role models for the students, our professional staff challenges students to develop their own unique potential in God and to ultimately be upastanding, influential contributors to their community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 63 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,355
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Modesty Dress code
Modesty Dress code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Multiple Student Discount. There are many tuition reductions programs.
Total Sports Offered
- Core Values
- Biblically Christian - The Bible, God's inspired, inerrant Word for all of life, will be the foundational authority for all educational programs. It will be presented to students as their source of spiritual guidance and direction for a life fulfilling God's purposes.
- Christian Worldview - All academic, spiritual formation, fine arts, athletics, and other programs will be taught based upon a biblically Christian philosophy of education. This philosophy will apply the story of Scripture (creation, fall, redemption, and fulfillment) to learning, culture, and the world, thus proclaiming the Lordship of Christ in all of life.
- Quality Education - A biblically Christian worldview teaches that striving for excellence is a form of worship, a reasonable service unto the Lord. Quality, therefore, will be the school's goal for all programs and the school's expectation of all personnel.
- Relationships - A Christian school is a learning community of closely associated students, families, personnel, alumni, supporters, and friends. To honor God and to fulfill the school's mission, it will be essential for these relationships to always be characterized by unity and a lived-out faith.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Traverse City Christian Elementary School cost?
Traverse City Christian Elementary School's tuition is approximately $3,355 for private students.
What schools are Traverse City Christian Elementary School often compared to?
Traverse City Christian Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Grand Traverse Area Catholic School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Traverse City Christian Elementary School offer?
Traverse City Christian Elementary School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Traverse City Christian Elementary School?
The application deadline for Traverse City Christian Elementary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Traverse City Christian Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.