Traverse City Christian School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 213 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Theater Arts, Worship Team
- Traverse City Christian School is unique in that it is led by parents rather than a church. This is grounded in our belief that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children in the "fear and admonition of the Lord." While the church has a responsibility to train children spiritually, the Christian dayschool is a necessary complement in the training of a child because of the nature and content of education in our culture today. The philosophy that brought about their vision was derived from the Holy Scriptures and based on a Biblical understanding of the purpose and scope of education, God's directives to parents and the church, the nature of the child, and a realistic understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- The school is led by the Traverse City Christian School Association, whose members are parents and friends of the school. The association nominates and elects a Board of Directors who oversee the school's operations. The Superintendent is called and appointed by the Board to implement its vision for the school, to develop strategies for the success of its mission, and to oversee, in conjunction with the Board, the finances, facilities, property, personnel, and programs of the school.
- A history of TC Chrstian can be found at http://www.tcchristian.org/our-history/
Endorse Traverse City Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards