Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate Schoo is one of the top independent schools in South Carolina.
- TBCS enrolls approximately 300 college bound students in grades 6-12.
- TBCS is a coeducational, non-discriminatory, college-preparatory day school located on a 100-acre campus in South Carolina.
- The school fosters development of every student`s intellect and character through strong academics, a wide range of athletics, and extracurricular activities. Large international student population
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Language & Composition, AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1082|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Males are required to wear collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,045|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees in addition to tuition cost.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||April Munn|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Business Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Society, French Chit Chat Club, Graphic Design Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Music Club, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, Student Council, Students for Change, Technology Club, Teenage Republicans, Young Democrats
- Founded in 1995 as Trinity Collegiate School, now known as Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School.
- Mission: To operate exclusively as a college preparatory school of academic excellence for grades 6-12, preparing our students intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually to be well-rounded citizens able to lead productive lives in a global society.
- Faculty: Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School has 31 faculty members, of whom 45% hold advanced degrees. The student teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The Curriculum and Graduation Requirements: The curriculum at Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School is a demanding academic program designed to prepare our students for university acceptance. Because of Trinity-Byrnes` rigorous academic focus, when evaluating a TBCS transcript, it is important to take into account the challenging nature of all coursework offered at TBCS. Standard level courses (CP), as well as those designated Honors or AP, are demanding in quality, content, and design. Enrollment in standard level coursework does not signal a lack of academic rigor or challenge.
- Technology and Facilities: The 5 main buildings include 27 total classrooms/learning spaces which include a performing arts stage, dance studio, music room, 2 art studios, 2 science labs, 1 digital media center, and a fitness room.
- Activities: We offer a broad range of opportunities in girls and boys athletics, and field a total of 16 teams at Varsity and JV level across Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. TBCS students have the opportunity to be involved in over 20 clubs and organizations. Students are also offered many opportunities to travel locally, regionally, and abroad during their time at Trinity. In addition to academic credits, students are expected to participate in school or community service, either individually or through membership in school-sponsored clubs or organizations.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 306 students
1015 S Ebenezer Rd
Florence, SC 29501
(843)661-7464 5.9 PK-12
- Hartsville Grades: PK-12 | 336 students
1001 N Marquis Hwy
Hartsville, SC 29550
(843)332-0164 12.7 PK-12
- Rembert Grades: NS-12 | 440 students
5265 Camden Hwy
Rembert, SC 29128
(803)499-3378 33.6 NS-12
- Sumter Grades: PK-12 | 770 students
520 Wilson Hall Road
Sumter, SC 29150
(803)469-3475 34.2 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.