Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School
- Founded in 1995 as Trinity Collegiate School, now known as Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School, TBCS enrolls approximately 255 college bound students in grades 7-12.
- TBCS is a coeducational, non-discriminatory, college-preparatory day school located on a rural 100-acre campus southwest of Darlington and serves the seven-county Pee Dee region of South Carolina.
- The school fosters development of every student`s intellect and character through strong academics, a wide range of athletics, and extracurricular activities. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Language & Composition, AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1067|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Males are required to wear collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees in addition to tuition cost.|
|Admissions Director||April Munn|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
French Chit Chat Club, Key Club, Latin Club, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, Student Council
- Founded in 1995 as Trinity Collegiate School, now known as Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School, TBCS enrolls approximately 254 college bound students in grades 7-12. TBCS is a coeducational, non-discriminatory, college-preparatory day school located on a rural 100-acre campus southwest of Darlington and serves the seven-county Pee Dee region of South Carolina. The school fosters development of every student`s intellect and character through strong academics, a wide range of athletics, and extracurricular activities.
- Mission: To operate exclusively as a college preparatory school of academic excellence for grades 7-12, preparing our students intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually to be well-rounded citizens able to lead productive lives in a global society.
- Faculty: Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School has 31 faculty members, of whom 45% hold advanced degrees. The student teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The Curriculum and Graduation Requirements: The curriculum at Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School is a demanding academic program designed to prepare our students for university acceptance. Because of Trinity-Byrnes` rigorous academic focus, when evaluating a TBCS transcript, it is important to take into account the challenging nature of all coursework offered at TBCS. Standard level courses (CP), as well as those designated Honors or AP, are demanding in quality, content, and design. Enrollment in standard level coursework does not signal a lack of academic rigor or challenge.
- Technology and Facilities: All classrooms are equipped with large flat screen digital televisions, AppleTV, and/ or digital projectors/screens. All students and teachers use iPads or other tablet devices with supplementary text books if needed. The 5 main buildings include 27 total classrooms/learning spaces which include a performing arts stage, dance studio, music room, 2 art studios, 2 science labs, 1 digital media center, and a fitness room.
- Activities: We offer a broad range of opportunities in girls` and boys` athletics, and field a total of 16 teams at Varsity and JV level across Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. TBCS students have the opportunity to be involved in over 20 clubs and organizations. Students are also offered many opportunities to travel locally, regionally, and abroad during their time at Trinity. In addition to academic credits, students are expected to participate in school or community service, either individually or through membership in school-sponsored clubs or organizations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 306 students
1015 S Ebenezer Rd
Florence, SC 29501
(843)661-7464 5.9 PK-12
- Rembert Grades: PK-12 | 440 students
5265 Camden Hwy
Rembert, SC 29128
(803)499-3378 33.6 PK-12
- Sumter Grades: PK-12 | 770 students
520 Wilson Hall Road
Sumter, SC 29150
(803)469-3475 34.2 PK-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.