Tuckahoe Montessori School
- Tuckahoe Montessori School (TMS) has served Richmond children and their families for over forty years.
- Tuckahoe Montessori School offers three programs to meet the educational and developmental needs of children between the ages of 18-months and ten years.
- In each classroom, students benefit from a purposeful implementation of the Montessori method, growing in autonomy within a framework that emphasizes peaceful order, fosters the natural curiosity that leads to learning, and guides exploration of increasingly challenging concepts.
- TMS is committed to communicating the philosophy of the classrooms to parents who may be concerned that a Montessori school offers too much or two little freedom to children.
- Both concerns were actually addressed by Dr. Montessori: "To give a child liberty is not to abandon him to himself." At TMS, children are offer a guided freedom, one that inspires while reinforcing self-possession and peaceful interactions.
- Parents of TMS students are provided numerous opportunities to learn more about the Montessori Method, to gain insight into their child`s daily experiences and to discover strategies for communicating Montessori principles in the home.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Edmondson|
|Admissions Associate||Danielle Hines|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisGymnastics, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chinese, Gymnastics, Soccer, Spanish Art, Chinese, Gymnastics, Soccer, Spanish,|
The TMS Core Commitments:
- Purposeful implementation of the Montessori method, in the hands of experienced and loving teacher/guides, to tap the extraordinary gifts of each child
- A school culture anchored in trust, kindness, and the Montessori concept of education as the "unfolding" of intelligence and individuality within a calm and ordered environment
- The importance of intercultural awareness and understanding as children explore geography, literature, and languages
- Supportive structure for families
- A time-tested instructional approach to reading and mathematics that results in a comfortable and natural mastery of concepts
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HenricoGrades: PK-12
11600 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23238
- HenricoGrades: PK-5 | 126 students
9307 Quioccasin Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
- RichmondGrades: K-8 | 101 students
3809 Patterson Ave
Richmond, VA 23221
- RichmondGrades: KG-12 | 145 students
6255 Warwick Rd
Richmond, VA 23224
- RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 129 students
1301 Robin Hood Road
Richmond, VA 23227
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.