United Day School
Tel: (956) 723-7261
- United Day School (UDS), founded in 1953, is located in Laredo, Texas on the U. S. Mexico border.
- The school is a co-educational elementary and middle school. UDS provides opportunities for academic excellence, physical development, artistic fulfillment, character development and community responsibility.
- These opportunities seek to create students who are responsible, contributing citizens, as well as, fulfilled individuals with leadership skills.
- UDS brings together a diverse student body and supportive, caring teachers with expertise in child development and curriculum.
- The UDS experience includes an integrated challenging curriculum. To achieve academic excellence, the program incorporates a full range of teaching styles and activities that help the students develop and mature intellectually.
- The character and athletic programs are an integral part of the UDS experience.
- The learning process at UDS exposes the students to team sports, student council, talent shows and a variety of community service opportunities both on and off campus.
- United Day School is a culturally diverse community dedicated to academic excellence that motivates students to attain their highest levels of achievement supported by family, ethical and spiritual values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|