Valley Fellowship Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Valley Fellowship Christian Academy is a Christ-centered, academically focused school.
- Our school was founded in 1987. We have been greatly blessed with excellent teachers and an extraordinary student body.
- Our program is integrated with the Biblical standard of educating the "whole student"; mind, body and spirit. Academic excellence, spiritual awareness, physical soundness combine together to form the basis of our program.
- VFCA provides training for children in Biblical values, leadership, academic preparedness and social responsibility. Our students are encouraged to exercise confidence in their abilities to lead and make decisions. Students are given opportunities to come to know God and make Him known in the Tennessee Valley and around the world. Through public awareness, our students are learning to take responsibility for their local community. Globally, our students are making a difference as they work to improve the physical and spiritual lives of people in Guatemala, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Asia, and numerous countries in Africa.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms purchased from Dennis Uniform Company)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on age of child and number of children in the household. Nursery/daycare fees are paid weekly and are available by contacting the school. Yearly tuition rates are: K5 $5450; grades 1st-2nd $5450; 3rd $5550; grades 4th $5750; 5th-8th $5800; and 9-12th grade $5950|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Berisford|
|Admissions Associate||Alina Johnston|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Missions Outreach, Music Appreciation, Private Piano and Guitar lessons|
Club or Organization:
Children's Prayer Network, Community Outreach, STEAM Club, Writing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Theater Arts
- VFCA serving the Tennessee Valley for more than 20 years.
- Offering programs for Nursery - 12th grade.
- Using ABeka and Bob Jones Curriculum
- Provides computer and piano labs.
- Summer care available for 5-12 year olds
- Utilizes AR, STAR reading and math, annual SAT's and PSAT assessments.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: PK-12 | 184 students
605 Clinton Ave E
Huntsville, AL 35801
(256)852-8884 1.9 PK-12
- Huntsville Grades: K-12 | 958 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256)799-6100 3.8 K-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-12 | 702 students
237 Johns Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)705-8000 4.1 PK-12
I have been continually impressed at Valley Fellowships commitment to families and children who desire a Christian education. We have been particularly blessed in their partnership with us as we have a very strong-willed son who has ADHD and a learning disorder called dysgraphia. The staff has been amazing and dedicated to helping him. We have seen dramatic improvements in him since he joined the school in K5. He will be going into 2nd grade and now, my husband (who didn't want to pay for a Christian education at first) and I are committed to remaining with Valley for the long haul. Our kids deserve it.
- Posted by Parent - Rachael Jackson
I like the way that the school is run. I think it says a lot when the parents like their school's administration, and that is what I have at Valley Fellowship Christian Academy.
- Posted by Parent - aselb
VFCA focuses on raising leaders in a safe and caring environment. I recommend them to everybody in search of a great school.
- Posted by Parent - sally
Education standards are of the utmost importance at VFCA. They have great teachers and a great staff who will go above and beyond to help in a way possible.
- Posted by Parent - easyw
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.