Whitesburg Christian Academy
- "Students are passionate followers of Christ and well-trained servant leaders.".
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(See our dress code details online at http://whitesburgchristianacademy.org/Uniform%20Info)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,950|
|Tuition Notes||See the tuition details at http://whitesburgchristianacademy.org/clientimages/47834/Tuition%20&%20Fees%20Table%202014-15.pdf|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Lynn Lewis|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Clubs, NHS, NJHS|
- At the Academy, we believe in a biblically based, college preparatory, classic approach to education that is centered on Jesus Christ. Although the Academy does not utilize a fully classical model, our classical approach, which is designed to train the mind, consists of the three traditional stages of the trivium: grammar, logic, and rhetoric. What makes our program unique is Kingdom Education, which is a partnership between the parents, school, and church. The Academy's role begins with the safe, caring atmosphere of each classroom and continues with a dedicated faculty who want every student to reach his or her full potential. The Academy holds dual accreditation from the Association of Christian Schools International (ASCI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). All students are taught to view the world based on what the Bible has to say about every aspect of life, including academics. Our students come from many Christian denominations, with over forty churches represented. Through the Kingdom Education partnership, biblical worldview, and our rigorous academically challenging curriculum, we strive to produce students who are well-trained servant leaders and passionate followers of Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: PK-12 | 184 students
605 Clinton Ave E
Huntsville, AL 35801
(256) 852-8884 3.9 PK-12
- Huntsville Grades: 9-12 | 334 students
7301 Old Madison Pike
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256) 430-1760 6.9 9-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-12 | 714 students
237 Johns Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256) 705-8000 8.6 PK-12
I have two daughters attending WCA. I could not imagine sending them anywere else. The teachers and staff prepare the students for the rigors of college while building a strong and deep understanding of what it means to be a Christian. I would deeply recommend WCA to anyone looking to place their children in a private religious school
- Posted by Parent - d.sta
We love the Academy. Our daughter has been in elementary school at WCA for two years now. She loves it. As you walk the halls, you can tell by all the smiles that the teachers and other students love it too. We believe WCA is the best kept secret in North Alabama. The school leadership has put together an exceptionally strong Kingdom Education curriculum and staff of teachers to prepare students for life. WCA is focused on and does develop students with strong Christian values, academic strengths, and leadership skills. We plan to have our daughter graduate from WCA with those characteristics, capable of becoming/doing anything she can dream.
- Posted by Parent - north
I have three children attending WCA. We have always been extremely pleased with the quality of the classroom instruction. The new administrative staff is focused on academic excellence and developing Godly attitudes in the students. My chidren are all in Grammar School, but we plan to stick around for years to come.
- Posted by Parent - au_bi
We love the Academy! The teachers love to be there and it shows, problems are handled from a biblical perspective, and the curriculum makes it fun to learn. I feel like I'm part of a great family!
- Posted by Parent - afran
WCA is a great school with loving and caring teachers and staff. My children have attended there the last two years and we are extremely pleased with their education so far. They are not only growing academically but spiritually as well.
- Posted by Parent - lacey
We are very pleased with the high level of professionalism of teachers. We appreciate the focus on character development of the students as well.
- Posted by Parent - celes