Victory Christian Academy
- Bessemer Academy is committed to providing a quality education for students of average and/or above average intelligence and abilities.
- Our goal at Bessemer Academy is to provide academic excellence, social growth, and moral development of our students.
- Through a variety of learning activities and experiences, we actively support each student in the quest of fulfilling his/her full potential and individual growth.
- At Bessemer Academy, we seek to instill in each student a sense of responsibility, accountability, honesty, integrity, respect of self and others, pride and care of school facilities, and service to school, community and nation.
- We seek to instill in each student a sense of high moral standards.
- We seek to prepare each student to meet the challenges of today's society and meet the challenges of tomorrow's workplace.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bessemer Grades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
(205)428-6288 5.2 PK-12
- Bessemer Grades: K-5 | 120 students
1622 7th Ave N
Bessemer, AL 35020
(205)425-4735 1.6 K-5
- Fairfield Grades: K-12 | 261 students
4600 Carnegie Ave
Fairfield, AL 35064
(205)785-8805 2.9 K-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205)252-2535 10.4 PK-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.