- Bessemer Academy is committed to providing a quality education for students of average and/or above average intelligence and abilities.
- Our goal at Bessemer Academy is to provide academic excellence, social growth, and moral development of our students.
- Through a variety of learning activities and experiences, we actively support each student in the quest of fulfilling his/her full potential and individual growth.
- At Bessemer Academy, we seek to instill in each student a sense of responsibility, accountability, honesty, integrity, respect of self and others, pride and care of school facilities, and service to school, community and nation.
- We seek to instill in each student a sense of high moral standards.
- We seek to prepare each student to meet the challenges of today's society and meet the challenges of tomorrow's workplace.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BessemerGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
BirminghamGrades: 6-12 | 43 students
Po Box 320321
Birmingham, AL 35232
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 120 students
5568 Chalkville Rd
Birmingham, AL 35235
FairfieldGrades: K-12 | 248 students
Po Box 30
Fairfield, AL 35064
BessemerGrades: K-9 | 80 students
1622 7th Ave N
Bessemer, AL 35020
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.