- Restoration Academy was started in 1988 by Dr. Anthony Gordon.
- He founded the school in response to divisive forces such as crime & violence that had ensnared many of the young people at his church and in his community.
- He followed God's calling to provide a quality, private education to predominantly lower-income families.
- He believed that such an education should be available to more than affluent families.
- Restoration Academy exists as a compilation of families, faculty, communities, and churches.
- At the core of our school is the Restoration Academy student.
- The goal of the school is to meet the academic, spiritual, and social needs of each student at in our school in a Christ-centered environment.
- We believe that the school has been called to a unique educational mission to meet the needs of a predominantly urban and at-risk* student body.
- We are also called to minister and meet the unique aspects of the Restoration Academy learner.
- Outlined below are the core beliefs of the school in regards to our view of our students.
- In addition, some of the practices we utilize in meeting the various aspects of the Restoration Academy learner are outlined as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: K-12 | 191 students
1900 43rd St W
Birmingham, AL 35208
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 83 students
829 Mcmillon Ave Sw
Birmingham, AL 35211
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 135 students
1137 10th Pl S
Birmingham, AL 35205
BessemerGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 141 students
1620 4th Ct W
Birmingham, AL 35208
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.