Vineyard Montessori School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Enrollment: 41 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Vineyard Montessori School opened in 1975 as a non-profit organization and now provides both primary and elementary Montessori programs. The School came into fruition through the dedicated efforts of island parents who embraced the principles and philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori. The main objective of the Vineyard Montessori School is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills, and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. The specific goals for the children who attend the school are to develop a positive attitude toward school and learning; to develop a sense of high self-esteem; to build a habit of concentration for lifelong study skills; to develop and foster an abiding curiosity; to foster inner discipline and a sense of order; to develop socially-acceptable behavior; to acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning; and to help develop each child's innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectation.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Vineyard Montessori School?
The application deadline for Vineyard Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Vineyard Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards