- Our demands for academic rigor occur in a supportive and imaginative community
- Falmouth Academy is a deliberately small school where students and adults are able to recognize the strengths and potential of each individual.
- The strong culture of respect and trust created by this close-knit environment allows each member of the community to pursue academic, artistic, and extra-curricular interests with enthusiasm and self-confidence.
- We hope that our students will leave Falmouth Academy with a wider perspective on the human condition and prepared to sustain a love of learning.
- Signature programs include: Science in the Real World, Arts Across the Curriculum, Authentic Voice, and 4th Period Electives
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1380|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,990|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Loder|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Knowles|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AutoCAD, Beekeeping, Computer Programming, Creative Writing, Drama Class, Drama Productions, Engineering, Farm and Garden Arts, Latin, Literary Magazine, Model U.N., Musical Theater, Peer Ambassadors, Recreational Games, Senior Taught Electives, Sports Analytics, Stagecraft, Stock Market Game, Taekwondo, Volunteering, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts Across the Curriculum, Calligraphy, Ceramics, Chorus, Drawing, Jazz Band, Orchestra/Strings, Painting, Photography, Studio Art, Woodworking
- Falmouth Academy is guided by teachers who believe that students willing to work hard can meet the demands of a challenging core curriculum that explores English, history, science, mathematics, foreign language and the arts.
- Our demands for academic rigor occur in a supportive and imaginative community. Because Falmouth Academy is a deliberately small school, students and adults are able to recognize the strengths and potential of each individual. The strong culture of respect and trust created by this close-knit environment allows each member of the community to pursue academic, artistic, and extra-curricular interests with enthusiasm and self-confidence. While we expect students to work hard, our school culture also encourages them to be appreciative and generous. We hope that our students will leave Falmouth Academy with a wider perspective on the human condition and prepared to sustain a love of learning. We also hope that they will have the courage to live thoughtful and principled lives.
- The school has partner schools in France and Germany and benefits from its proximity to the international science community of Woods Hole.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barnstable Grades: PK-12 | 136 students
979 Mary Dunn Rd
Barnstable, MA 02630
(508)790-0114 19.9 PK-12
- Boston Grades: 9-12 | 140 students
151 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
(617)266-7525 59.7 9-12
- Brewster Grades: PK-K | 69 students
3570 Main St
Brewster, MA 02631
(508)896-6555 34.1 PK-K
- Fall River Grades: 8-12 | 296 students
373 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
(508)676-1071 28.2 8-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.