Walden School Corporation
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (502) 893-0433
- In partnership with families, Walden School provides an educational environment- both academic and social- that fosters a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and challenges individual students to reach their full potential so they may flourish in a diverse and changing world.
- The Walden community provides an atmosphere where academic, cultural, and religious differences are acknowledged, respected, and celebrated.
- Walden, in partnership with families, assists students in acquiring knowledge, skills, and values needed to accept responsibility for their lives in a changing world.
- These values will allow them to play an effective role in a multicultural society.
- Walden fosters an educational environment in which academic and intellectual growth is complemented by a concern for moral, physical, and psychological growth.
- Walden recognizes that there are differences in the rates and patterns of growth and development in each individual student.
- Through small class size, a carefully planned and frequently reviewed college preparatory curriculum, and continuous professional excellence in the faculty, Walden provides guidance and assistance in all aspects of the student's school experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 601 students
2427 Glenmary Ave
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 479-0340 4.3 PK-12
- Louisville Grades: NS-5 | 251 students
4200 Lime Kiln Lane
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 425-6904 3.4 NS-5
My child has been at Walden for several years. The teachers (and administrators) are passionate about the students being successful and make learning fun! Each grade is like a family unit. The school has amazing academic accomplishments, communicates to parents well and fosters a warm and inclusive environment! Each child is encouraged to think independently and creativity is nurtured. The school supports understanding the world around you and offers many opportunities to volunteer and connect with community.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We have found Walden to be warm, nurturing environment that makes learning fun. My daughter went to a good school before Walden and did not like school, she LOVES Walden.
- Posted by Parent - tammy
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.