Wanchese Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (252) 473-5797
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #2 - Wanchese Christian Academy's first graders cutting out play dollars to spend on exceptional "mind" prizes won through their social studies class. Earning dollars is a result of earning and retaining knowledge.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #4 - Students painting pumpkins in their Thursday art class . Wanchese Christian Academy's halls always look festive with the seasonal artwork on display.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #5 - Seventh grader demonstrates her talent of playing music in one of the Wednesday chapels. WCA loves to showcase the students individual gifts.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #6 - Preschool was ready to take center stage as being the animals at the Nativity in WCA's Christmas play. It was a moooooooving experience.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #7 - Secondary students were privileged to take a three day field trip exploring our nations capital - Washington DC.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #8 - Honor and High Honor Students were rewarded by having a picnic with the Principal at a local park. Celebrations are a must, and a positive way to communicate to the students that WCA is proud of their accomplishments on various levels.
Wanchese Christian Academy Photo #9 - Volleyball is offered to the girls as a fall sport. GO LADY WARRIORS!
- Wanchese Christian Academy is a ministry of the Wanchese Assembly of God Church.
- The governing body of Wanchese Christian Academy includes the Pastor, the Board of Directors and the Principal.
- Members and friends of our local church are encouraged to benefit from this ministry by enrolling their school-aged children.
- Christian parents of other Bible-believing faiths are also welcome to enroll their children if they are willing to adhere to the policies of Wanchese Christian Academy.
- In both practice and teaching, Wanchese Christian Academy subscribes to the following Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Wanchese Assembly of God Church.
- The mission of Wanchese Christian Academy is to provide each child with an academically sound educational experience from a Biblical perspective and in a Christ centered environment.
- We, the administrators, faculty, and staff share this responsibility with the families of our students.
- It is our desire that all students grow in "wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man," (Luke 2:52).
- We are committed to a life-long vision of academic excellence and moral integrity.
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I and II, Chemistry, Spanish I and II|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Elementary: any color (no black) oxford shirts with boys in black slacks and girls in black skirts/pants. Secondary: Any color(no black) polo shirt colors with bottoms of khaki or black (gentlemen in slacks and ladies in knee length skirts or slacks). )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition amounts are according to selected grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Hinson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chapel services weekly, chorus, computer, elementary specials: art, music lessons, physical education, school-wide plays annually, Spanish, talent shows, voice lessons, yearbook staff|
- People that viewed Wanchese Christian Academy also viewed these schools: Torrington Christian Academy.
I can't say enough positive things about my time at WCA. I was fortunate enough to spend my entire 13 years (K5-12) at this school and I received more personal attention and instruction than most children ever have the opportunity to do. I graduated with honors, went on to earn two degrees from a Christian University in Florida and I now work for a Fortune 500 company in the Aerospace and Defense industry. As I no longer live in the area, I don't have the opportunity to send my two girls to the same school that blessed my life in so many ways, but hopefully this review will inspire another parent to give their child the same opportunity I had.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bosco
We love the academic, spiritual and social progress seen in our children during the years of enrollment at Wanchese Christian Academy. The focus is on God and others.... not self, yet their individual talents are fostered!
- Posted by Parent - princ
we just completed preK and Kindergarten here and we could not be more pleased. Our children have learned and grown so much in the loving caring environment at WCA under the guidance of the school principal Mrs. Rachel, and their teachers this year. We really look forward to another great year coming up!
- Posted by Parent - osteo
I attended and graduated from this school. I have never benn limited in any areas of my life as a result of being a WCA graduate. I feel that its reputation and education have helped me more that if I had attended a public school. I am currently sending my children to this school and as a parent I am even more pleased. I would recommend this school to anyone who values private/Christian education.
- Posted by Parent - ORMAN
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?