Webster Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (585) 347-0055
- Webster Montessori School was founded in 1967 by six parents.
- The school is a non-profit institution accredited by Association Montessori Internationale and registered with the New York State Regents.
- There are classes starting at 18 months to 12 years of age, plus an on-site before and after school care program offered year round.
- Following the developmental stages of the child, a strong foundation is being laid for the maturing of the child in areas of academic, physical, emotional, and social progress.
- These steps lead the child to his fullest potential. This foundation produces a starting point for all future learning.
- The teachers, who are specially trained in the Montessori method, bring expertise, joy and warmth to the classrooms.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by Montessori level|
My family has been part of the Webster Montessori School community since 2016. Their commitment to fostering our children's love of learning and natural abilities reaches well beyond our expectations. We have had first-hand experiences with multiple directresses and would highly recommend all of them. The ability to experience the teachings from the classroom as they integrate in to our home and lives is an all-encompassing feeling that we will always treasure thanks to this school. The school offers an array of enhancements to their educational platform through wrap-around and summer camp programs. My children have enjoyed soccer, karate, art, and science to name a few. In addition, it should be stated that during the most pressing times we just faced through a pandemic, the dedication and adaptability of WMS illustrated the true integrity of this institution. We are happy, excited, and proud to be enrolling our 3rd child in the near future!
- Posted by Parent - MR
We couldn't be happier with the choice to send our 3 kids to Webster Montessori. WMS is one of only 6 AMI (Association Montessori International) accredited schools in New York State. The teachers, assistants, and office staff are amazing and the overall experience has exceeded our expectations. We have taken advantage of the wrap-around care available to complement the classroom offerings. It is such a great value, and the staff is wonderful. The kids also love the summer program and after-school enrichment offerings (Soccer Shots is a family favorite but they also offer cooking, dance, yoga, language, art, science, etc.). Contact the school to schedule a tour and classroom observation.
- Posted by Parent - RB
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.