Weingarten Children's Center
Weingarten Children`s Center (WCC) was established in 1967 by parents of children with hearing loss who believed that their children can learn to listen and speak.
For past 50 years, WCC has been a model of excellence in Listening and Spoken Language Education.
WCC`s mission is to leverage early diagnosis & intervention, advances in hearing technology, and comprehensive parent training to help children with hearing loss reach their full potential and succeed in their educational journey.
Weingarten Children's Center places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
WCC contracts with over 37 different school districts to serve children with hearing loss.
National avg.: 85%
WCC programs and clinical services include:
- Infant (Baby & Me), Toddler, Preschool, & Kindergarten classes.
- Speech and Language Assessment & Therapy
- Afternoon Enrichment Program-Social Skills, Science, Arts, Music
- Parent Coaching & Education
- Audiology-Hearing Aids, Cochlear Implant and FMs
- Occupational Therapy: Assessment & Therapy
- Summer Program
- Reverse Mainstream
- Mainstream Support
- Music Adventures
Endorse Weingarten Children's Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.