Wellsprings Friends School
Tel: (541) 686-1223
- Wellsprings Friends School is an alternative learning community for high school students.
- We believe that young people have a natural desire to learn and can be excited and inspired by creative learning experiences and a nurturing environment.
- Education at Wellsprings is an opening up, not a filling up.
- We take the time to get to know each student and her/his individual learning needs. Students turned off or frustrated by their prior educational experiences typically thrive in our environment.
- Wellsprings Friends School is grounded on our belief in the inherent goodness and Light within every individual.
- Our staff continually interact with students in ways that affirm the integrity, creativity and sacredness of each person.
- We foster a community climate of affirmation and mutual respect.
- There is no place at Wellsprings for shame, blame or other psychic pain.
- We use dialoguing and problem-solving to deal with behavioral issues that arise in the community.
- Our deep caring is manifested through simultaneous kindness and firmness, freedom and limits.
- Developing an internal sense of responsibility, rather than externally imposed controls, is the goal.
- We strive to exemplify the Quaker essentials of seeing the good in each person, honesty, simplicity, equality, peaceful resolution of conflict, and working together in community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Flexible billing/payments, $8000 annual tuition|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dawn Meckelson|
Profile last updated:
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?