Westchester Country Day School
Westchester Country Day School Photo #2 - Opportunities in the arts range from visual to performing to and music. Arts education begins in kindergarten and is an integral part of the curriculum through graduation. All students have the opportunity to participate in the All-School Musical, presented each fall.
Westchester Country Day School Photo #3 - Athletics are an integral piece of the Westchester student experience, with opportunities to play on Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams in a variety of sports.
Westchester Country Day School Photo #4 - Westchester students learn inside and outside of the classroom, with character education weaved through the curriculum in PK-12 classes. Lower School students grow vegetables which are utilized in the cafeteria; Middle School students travel to area schools and nursing homes to donate their time; Upper School students must complete a service project as a requirement for graduation.
Westchester Country Day School Photo #5 - Westchester Country Day School values high academic standards in grades PK-12 and boasts 100% college acceptances for graduating seniors.
Westchester Country Day School Photo #6 - Westchester Country Day School considers it a vital part of our mission to make our college preparatory program available to talented and ambitious students throughout the Triad regardless of the family's ability to pay. With this goal in mind, WCDS offers a range of tuitions to help bright students and their families to join our school.
- Westchester Country Day is a college preparatory school that seeks to educate each child toward moral, academic, artistic, and athletic excellence in a nurturing, family environment where students, teachers, and parents support one another.
- Westchester Country Day cultivates a caring, learning environment that fosters a strong sense of self-discovery.
- Supportive relationships among peers and a dedicated, accessible, and highly qualified faculty form important parts of the Westchester Country Day experience.
- The school provides a challenging college-preparatory academic program in core subjects and technology.
- Strong fine arts and athletic programs offer students a variety of ways to define their unique talents.
- The school's faculty deems critical the integration of moral growth with that of the intellectual and the physical. Finally, Westchester Country Day strives to instill students, staff, and parents with a sense of school community as well as the community at large.
- The school is committed to enrolling young men and women of strong character and academic promise who come from families of varied social, economic, religious, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared Shirts, no t-shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$2,375 - $16,320|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kerie Beth Scott|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley Timberlake|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- High Point Grades: PK-12 | 683 students
800 Phillips Ave
High Point, NC 27262
(336)841-8702 3.6 PK-12
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 1598 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)887-7040 68.3 K-12
- Wheeling Grades: 5-12 | 429 students
60 Knox Ln
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304)233-3260 285.4 5-12
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 221 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 693.4 K-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.