Wesleyan Christian Academy
- Top Ranked NC School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 1,203 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,795
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Clean, neat, and modest dress)
Finances and Admission
Club or Organization:
Battle of the Books, Bible Study Groups, Chess Club, Eighth Grade Spiritual Leadership Retreat, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, High I.Q. Bowl, High School Leadership Team, Junior Senior Banquet, Junior Senior Beta Club, Latin Club, Lego Robotics, Mission Trips, Missions Fair, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Recycling Club, Red Cross Youth Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Student Government, Student Leadership Retreat
Arts and Music Programs:
4th Grade Chorus, High School Chorus, High School Musicals, Middle School Band, Middle School Chorus, Pep Band, Praise Band, Private Teaching Studios for Instrumental & Vocal Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Assessment Training League (B.A.T.L.), Wesleyan Instructional Soccer League (W.I.S.L.)
Come and see why Wesleyan Christian Academy is the choice for over 1,100 students throughout The Piedmont Triad. Here are just a few reasons Wesleyan is an incredible place to grow and learn.
- The Early Education Center cares for children from 6-weeks old to 4-years-old and begins a kindergarten preparatory curriculum in our 3-year-old classes.
- The K-12 Academy is home to approximately 980 students for the 20-21 academic school year.
- The Enrichment Center is a fully-integrated program for students in grades 2 - 12 who have been diagnosed with mild to moderate learning differences.
- All K-12 teachers hold dual-certifications from the State of North Carolina and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Wesleyan is fully accredited by the State of North Carolina, the Association of Christian Schools International, and by the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
- Students enjoy a small student/teacher ratio of approximately 20:1
- All subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview and a traditional approach to college-preparatory education.
- Every student has access to a personal Chromebook or laptop and every classroom is outfitted with interactive whiteboards or SmartBoards.
- Students enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly chapels, monthly small groups, regular community service opportunities, and annual mission trips.
- All grades are taught at an accelerated rate and students are scoring above the 80th percentile on annual achievement testing.
- In addition to the core academic subjects, elementary and middle school students are exposed to weekly courses in Computers/Technology, Fine Arts, Foreign Language, Library/Media Center, Performing Arts, Physical Education, and STEM.
- Our high school program offers 30 individual honors classes, 13 advanced placement classes, and 16 online, dual enrollment courses.
- Our average, Wesleyan seniors graduate with 15 to 20 college credit hours.
- Wesleyan is blessed with a 100% graduation rate. 99% of our graduates go on to study in a college/university setting and our seniors are admitted into 90% of the colleges to which they apply.
- Wesleyan's senior classes are also earning between $4.2 and $6.4 million in merit-based college scholarship money annually.
- Our K-8 achievement test scores rank well above state and national averages and more than 50% of our middle school students qualify for the DUKE TIP program.
- Our 5-year average SAT score is 1650.
- Wesleyan's award-winning performing and fine arts program offers more than 12 performance groups, annual musicals, and fine art shows.
- Our students are also competing in one of 39 state-championship athletic teams across 13 different sports and have earned 24 state championship titles since 1981.
- Our Private Teaching Studios offer private and small group lessons in instrumental and vocal music, drama, and dance.
Endorse Wesleyan Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards