Wesleyan Christian Academy
Tel: (336) 884-3333 Ext. 263
- Wesleyan Christian Academy is a private, Christian based, college-preparatory school located in the heart of The Piedmont Triad of North Carolina.
- We are centrally located between the cities of High Point, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem.
- Founded in 1971, Wesleyan is a place where students engage daily in an exceptional academic curriculum in which God's word is woven into each subject, activity, and experience.
- Our dual-accredited faculty work to develop the very best in each student and partner with our parents in the education of their children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, ADD, ADHD, Central Processing Disorder, Audio Processing Disorders|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$100|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The costs of our summer programs are dependent on the program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1,203 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Clean, neat, and modest dress)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,795|
|Tuition Notes||Wesleyan offers four types of tuition assistance to qualifying families: (1) FACTS, needs-based financial assistance (2) NC Opportunity Scholarship Program aka OSP (3) NC Children with Learning Disabilities Grant aka CDG (4) NC Educational Savings Account aka ESA|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angel Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Dianne Stone|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ACSI Math Olympics, ACSI Science Fair, ACSI Spelling Bee|
Club or Organization:
Battle of the Books, Bible Study Groups, Chess Club, Eighth Grade Spiritual Leadership Retreat, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, High I.Q. Bowl, High School Leadership Team, Junior Senior Banquet, Junior Senior Beta Club, Latin Club, Lego Robotics, Mission Trips, Missions Fair, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Recycling Club, Red Cross Youth Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Student Government, Student Leadership Retreat
Arts and Music Programs:
4th Grade Chorus, High School Chorus, High School Musicals, Middle School Band, Middle School Chorus, Pep Band, Praise Band, Private Teaching Studios for Instrumental & Vocal Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Assessment Training League (B.A.T.L.), Wesleyan Instructional Soccer League (W.I.S.L.)
Come and see why Wesleyan Christian Academy is the choice for over 1,100 students throughout The Piedmont Triad. Here are just a few reasons Wesleyan is an incredible place to grow and learn.
- The Early Education Center cares for children from 6-weeks old to 4-years-old and begins a kindergarten preparatory curriculum in our 3-year-old classes.
- The K-12 Academy is home to approximately 980 students for the 20-21 academic school year.
- The Enrichment Center is a fully-integrated program for students in grades 2 - 12 who have been diagnosed with mild to moderate learning differences.
- All K-12 teachers hold dual-certifications from the State of North Carolina and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Wesleyan is fully accredited by the State of North Carolina, the Association of Christian Schools International, and by the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
- Students enjoy a small student/teacher ratio of approximately 20:1
- All subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview and a traditional approach to college-preparatory education.
- Every student has access to a personal Chromebook or laptop and every classroom is outfitted with interactive whiteboards or SmartBoards.
- Students enjoy daily Bible lessons, weekly chapels, monthly small groups, regular community service opportunities, and annual mission trips.
- All grades are taught at an accelerated rate and students are scoring above the 80th percentile on annual achievement testing.
- In addition to the core academic subjects, elementary and middle school students are exposed to weekly courses in Computers/Technology, Fine Arts, Foreign Language, Library/Media Center, Performing Arts, Physical Education, and STEM.
- Our high school program offers 30 individual honors classes, 13 advanced placement classes, and 16 online, dual enrollment courses.
- Our average, Wesleyan seniors graduate with 15 to 20 college credit hours.
- Wesleyan is blessed with a 100% graduation rate. 99% of our graduates go on to study in a college/university setting and our seniors are admitted into 90% of the colleges to which they apply.
- Wesleyan's senior classes are also earning between $4.2 and $6.4 million in merit-based college scholarship money annually.
- Our K-8 achievement test scores rank well above state and national averages and more than 50% of our middle school students qualify for the DUKE TIP program.
- Our 5-year average SAT score is 1650.
- Wesleyan's award-winning performing and fine arts program offers more than 12 performance groups, annual musicals, and fine art shows.
- Our students are also competing in one of 39 state-championship athletic teams across 13 different sports and have earned 24 state championship titles since 1981.
- Our Private Teaching Studios offer private and small group lessons in instrumental and vocal music, drama, and dance.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- High Point Grades: PK-12 | 675 students
800 Phillips Ave
High Point, NC 27262
(336) 841-8702 2.8 PK-12
- High Point Grades: PK-12 | 108 students
1696 Westchester Dr
High Point, NC 27262
(336) 882-3126 3.2 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?