High Point Friends School
- High Point Friends School is a coeducational, independent school located in High Point, North Carolina.
- Founded in 1963 as a preschool and half-day Kindergarten by members of High Point Friends Meeting, today it serves students in preschool through middle school on a multi-building campus.
- High Point Friends School cultivates a diverse community that empowers children with a rigorous academic program emphasizing the development of creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits through the appreciation of the arts, physical fitness, and lifelong learning and service to others.
- High Point Friends School's Mission...Through the Quaker principles of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship, we encourage each child to embrace these fundamentals as they become independent, self-sufficient young adults who are equipped to contribute responsibly to our ever-changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PS $2,050-$6,490 K $9025 Grades 1-4 $10,350 Grades 5 $10,600 Grades 6-8 $10,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Rock Climbing, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Middle School Athletic Programs, Rock Climbing Club, Student Council|
- Historically Quakers (Religious Society of Friends), have been known for their long-standing commitment to education and spiritual development. For more than 50 years, High Point Friends School has touched the lives of children in our community to prepare them for the future. Founded in 1963 as a Quaker pre-school and kindergarten, our classes now continue through middle school.
- High Point Friends Schools offers academic excellence, low teacher-student ratio, avdance curricula, hands-on learning, athletic programs, and technology driven programs. In keeping with the Christian traditions of simplicity, peace, integrity, community and equality, High Point Friends School values diversity among students and seeks to help students of all faiths grow into socially responsible, compassionate people.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- High Point Grades: PK-12 | 683 students
800 Phillips Ave
High Point, NC 27262
(336)841-8702 0.8 PK-12
- High Point Grades: 1-10 | 67 students
815 Old Mill Road
High Point, NC 27265
(336)883-0992 4.5 1-10
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.