Tel: (508) 763-3737
- All individuals have the potential for learning regardless of the type or degree of impairment.
- Student in need of individualized, prolonged assistance require a more intensive and specialized program of skill development to attain their full potential.
- The Whitney Academy's program designed to prove quality treatment and education to meet this need.
- Students at Whitney are treated and taught individual with special conideration and respect for their uniqueness and individual differences.
- They learn skills that give them an opportunities to grow and enable them to become more fully functioning members of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Bedford Grades: NS | 109 students
850 Church Street
New Bedford, MA 02745
(508) 998-1978 6 NS
- Assonet Grades: 3-12 | 46 students
38 Narrows Road
Assonet, MA 02702
(508) 644-3101 6.3 3-12
- Acushnet Grades: PK-8 | 290 students
223 Main St
Acushnet, MA 02743
(508) 995-4313 6.8 PK-8
- Lakeville Grades: PK-K | 126 students
104 Charles Eldridge Dr
Lakeville, MA 02347
(508) 923-0015 7 PK-K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.