Tel: (215) 878-1141
- Woodbine Academy is a private academic school established to provide an effective learning environment for children in the elementary grades K-6th.
- The school is a spacious building surrounded by nearly an acre of greenery in a quiet section of Wynnefield.
- The facilities include a large courtyard with ample space for outdoor activity.
- In it's continuing pursuit of excellence and service to the community of thirty years, Woodbine Academy has quietly emerged as one of the city's outstanding private elementary schools.
- Many of the parents of Woodbine Academy students attribute the school's achievements and measure its quality of education by the strengths of its administration.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: K-6 | 71 students
5923 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19139
(215) 748-6510 2.3 K-6
- Philadelphia Grades: K-8 | 191 students
1939 S. 58th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19143
(215) 724-6858 4 K-8
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
144 E Mount Airy Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
(215) 242-0414 5.3 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.