- At Woodcrest Preschool in Lake Forest, children learn academic principals through sensory exploration.
- Children are encouraged to explore the world of learning through interactive learning centers that incorporate touch, smell, taste, and sound.
- At Woodcrest, children are cared for by loving, experienced teachers in a setting that fosters a desire to learn and the ability to work in a group setting.
- We encourage you to visit our Lake Forest campus to see our exceptional program first hand.
- At Woodcrest special care is given to every child to ensure that answers to life's questions are explored.
- Patient teachers work in small groups to explore monthly themes as well as provide time for individual observations.
- Children move througout the classroom environment to interact with learning centers ranging from sorting objects hidden in rice, taking quiet time to read, or uncovering sientific experiments.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.