High Meadow School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 162 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,000
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
After School Clubs, Arts classes and After-care programs are offered Monday through Friday. Summer Arts Camp runs for the first four weeks of summer., Before and After Care, Summer Camp
- High Meadow School was founded in 1984 on a shared appreciation for John Dewey`s philosophy of progressive education by our founder, Mimi Labourdette and seven families. We first opened on Brook Farm at the foot of the Mohonk Mountain, where the natural beauty inspired our name and our school`s curriculum. Eight years later, we moved to our current campus in Stone Ridge, and have since expanded from one historic building to three school buildings, a performing arts and athletic center, an art barn, and gazebo.
- It`s the shared sweat equity of 300 parents, 35 teachers, and 150 students that allows our community to thrive. Visitors and new families often comment upon the sense of belonging that permeates our campus: it comes from the strong current of service that runs through every aspect of the school. We`ve created a program that is academically strong, child-centered, and committed to artistic expression.
- Volunteering is an essential value of our school's culture. It provides a sense of ownership within every student, parent and teacher, and makes it possible for us to operate as a parent cooperative non-profit; with a lower price compared to other schools. All parents commit 25 hours annually to our school, with activities including beautifying the campus, classroom support, and fundraising.
Endorse High Meadow School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards