St. Martin De Porres School
- St. Martin de Porres School is a Catholic elementary school whose primary purpose as a Christ-centered community is to teach and practice the message of Jesus.
- Like our patron, St. Martin, we make daily prayer, communal worship and service to others an essential part of our life together.
- We strive to prepare our students to meet the obligations and challenges of Christian living in a responsible and self-disciplined manner.
- In our child-centered curriculum students are offered the opportunity to develop their God-given gifts to the best of their ability.
- We foster close cooperation between teachers and parents, the first and primary educators, in guiding each child toward clarifying values, experiencing a sense of accomplishment, and developing an appreciation of self worth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PoughkeepsieGrades: PK-12 | 264 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
- Wappingers FallsGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
2 Convent Avenue
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
- PoughkeepsieGrades: PK-12 | 268 students
25 Golf Club Lane
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Stone RidgeGrades: PK-8 | 166 students
3643 Main Street Stone Ridge
Stone Ridge, NY 12484
- ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 42 students
789 Craigville Road
Chester, NY 10918
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.