St. Martin De Porres School
- St. Martin de Porres School is a Catholic elementary school whose primary purpose as a Christ-centered community is to teach and practice the message of Jesus.
- Like our patron, St. Martin, we make daily prayer, communal worship and service to others an essential part of our life together.
- We strive to prepare our students to meet the obligations and challenges of Christian living in a responsible and self-disciplined manner.
- In our child-centered curriculum students are offered the opportunity to develop their God-given gifts to the best of their ability.
- We foster close cooperation between teachers and parents, the first and primary educators, in guiding each child toward clarifying values, experiencing a sense of accomplishment, and developing an appreciation of self worth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PoughkeepsieGrades: PK-12 | 264 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
- Wappingers FallsGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
2 Convent Avenue
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
- PoughkeepsieGrades: PK-12 | 268 students
25 Golf Club Lane
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Stone RidgeGrades: PK-8 | 166 students
3643 Main Street Stone Ridge
Stone Ridge, NY 12484
- ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 42 students
789 Craigville Road
Chester, NY 10918
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.