Our Lady Of Lourdes High School
- Our Lady of Lourdes High School is a co-educational secondary school which emphasizes a rigorous college preparatory education within the Roman Catholic charisms of the Sisters of St. Dominic and the Marist Brothers.
- The pastoral campus is nestled on an 18-acre site, which was the former IBM research and development center adjacent to Vassar College, in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
- The school originally was founded in April of 1958 when the Archdiocese of New York first purchased the former City of Poughkeepsie High School with plans to start one of the first Catholic high schools in Upstate New York.
- Athletics at Our Lady of Lourdes High School embraces the concept of the student-athlete and recognizes participation as an integral part of the educational experience. The philosophy of our school carries over to athletics, that emphasizes excellence, a community experience,mutual concern and respect, and enabling students to become fully human in a Christian way.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||690 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1117|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our Lady of Lourdes High School offers a rigorous college preparatory education to a diverse student population. The school`s campus located in Poughkeepsie, New York offers students in grades 9 through 12 an academic experience dedicated to Sanctitas et Scientia - Holiness and Knowledge. Lourdes focuses on educating the "whole" student: spiritually, intellectually, physically and emotionally. The college prep curriculum features Honors, AP and College level courses, and integrates academics with technology in its "next generation" classrooms. Students have opportunities for inquiry-based learning utilizing tablets, combined with a commitment to a traditional literacy focus.School at a Glance Over 21 Advanced Placement (AP), and College level courses are available at the school. College courses are offered through a partnership with Dutchess Community College and the Marist College Greystone Program. 98% of recent graduates earned an average of 16 college credits. 86% of recent graduates were accepted to their first choice college. SAT scores are consistently above the national and New York state mean scores. The school offers programs in Computer Programming, Accounting, Band, Chorus, Screen Printing, Studio Art and Digital Photography. Students can choose from more than 25 clubs, and the Athletics program completes in Section One under the NYSPHSAA.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poughkeepsie Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845)462-7600 0.5 PK-12
- Millbrook Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
415 Route 343
Millbrook, NY 12545
(845)677-5014 13.9 PK-8